Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our Walmart Has Fabric Back (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-walmart-has-fabric-back-t72697.html)

Nolee 10-27-2010 05:34 PM

My husband walked through Walmart last weekends and called me on my cell phone and said, "You'd better get over to this side of the building; there is fabric everywhere." Sure enough, there was triple what was there before with some Debbie Mumm fabrics and a much better choice.

I would like to think all our letters and e-mails made a difference because I was told in September with a paper letter from them that they were NOT going back to fabric because it was not productive.

craftybear 10-27-2010 05:35 PM

that is great news, I hope they bring it back to all of the stores, I think they finally realized that women stopped shopping at Walmart

quiltnmom 10-27-2010 05:42 PM

Oh I can still have hope. I received a similar email a couple of months ago from Walmart saying it was not cost effective. But I also have seen posts here that other have received responses that they have had a change of heart. Maybe, just maybe.... I keep hoping.

dglvr 10-27-2010 05:43 PM

I've noticed in the Walmarts they have a few rows of precut and tied fabrics but thats it. Maybe their up to something.
I'll keep my eyes open for more. Lets hope. :thumbup:

Marcia_PA 10-27-2010 05:47 PM

We just heard the fabric dept. in our Walmart is disappearing in January.

Riversong 10-27-2010 06:58 PM

I talked to our manager the other day. He said ours would NOT be bringing it back as it was not selling enough to justify paying some one to cut it!!! I told him Id be happy to cut it myself!! LOL!

bearisgray 10-27-2010 06:58 PM

I think they did a huge favor for me.

I don't stop nearly as often there, and when I do, I only buy the items on my list.

And I don't spend time wandering around the area that is no longer there, so I spend less time shopping in that store.

You do realize I am being sarcastic, even if it is the truth. :evil:

PMY in QCA-IL 10-27-2010 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I think they did a huge favor for me.

I don't stop nearly as often there, and when I do, I only buy the items on my list.

And I don't spend time wandering around the area that is no longer there, so I spend less time shopping in that store.

You do realize I am being sarcastic, even if it is the truth. :evil:

Yeah, me too!!

Quilter2B 10-27-2010 07:15 PM

That's great!!! I too hope that Wal*Mart has begun to listen to their customers. Mrs. Sam Walton would be very happy!

trisha 10-27-2010 08:42 PM

I hate Walmart. I used to work for them back when it wasn't quite so bad to work for them. But they have been changing their stores and don't carry half the stuff they used to. And now that they have no fabric we only get prescriptions there. I won't buy anything from anymore!!!