Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Overall Quilter Retreat in Blue Ridge Mtns. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/overall-quilter-retreat-blue-ridge-mtns-t121600.html)

candlequilter 05-07-2011 06:28 PM

Has anyone here ever gone to the Overall Quilter retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia? I am thinking of making a trip to Virginia soon and was wondering if anyone had gone to this retreat and if it is worth trying to fit it into my trip.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

QuiltE 05-07-2011 07:05 PM

So does this mean everyone wears overalls?

candlequilter 05-07-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Not sure about that - if I go I'll let you know. You don't see alot of overalls in Seattle.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Jan in VA 05-07-2011 07:26 PM

Whoa! I live in the Blue Ridge Mtns. of VA and I do not OWN a pair of overalls!!!

I've not heard of this retreat, but want to! And if you do come to VA for it, we'll push to have a bunch of the VA quilters who are on this board also come, or at least meet at some point. There is a goodly group of us.

Tell me more!

Jan in VA

candlequilter 05-07-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA

Whoa! I live in the Blue Ridge Mtns. of VA and I do not OWN a pair of overalls!!!

I've not heard of this retreat, but want to! And if you do come to VA for it, we'll push to have a bunch of the VA quilters who are on this board also come, or at least meet at some point. There is a goodly group of us.

Tell me more!

Jan in VA

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! It is at milepost 195 on the Parkway (about 19 miles from Mabry Mill). They have it in April and October so I would be looking at the October one. I was planning on coming out in July but I might want to push it back until October and do the retreat at the same time. I have never done a quilting retreat and I would love to. Also the only time I have ever worn bib overalls was there in Virginia at my daddys house while I was shooting a shotgun and tasting his moonshine (many years ago).

Linda71 05-07-2011 09:57 PM

Blue Ridge Mountains, someday I want to go there.

candlequilter 05-07-2011 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Linda71
Blue Ridge Mountains, someday I want to go there.

They are absolutely beautiful. Every time I go back to Virginia I have to drive up into the Blue Ridge Parkway just to be in the mountains - they call to me. Do you see the Northern Lights from where you are? That is a must see some day for me.

Thanks,
sherryl

purplemem 05-07-2011 11:24 PM

I just looked it up. That is a REALLY nice retreat at a very good price. I wish I could travel that far.

Have a great time!

LoriEl 05-08-2011 03:10 AM

That sounds like fun!

gaigai 05-08-2011 05:08 AM

OH GOSH!! Sherryl, I absolutely LOVE the Blue Ridge. I spend as much time in the Shenendoah Valley as possible. I am frequently heard to say "Virginia is where God lives"! :lol: :lol: I miss is so much I can't think about it too much or I'll cry. Can you send me more details? I have SO much on my plate this year, but that may well be irresistible!

EDIT: I just found the website. Now my wheels are spinning!! Can you smell the burning rubber?! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: