Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pacific Quilt Festival - Mancuso - Santa Clara (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pacific-quilt-festival-mancuso-santa-clara-t26066.html)

butterflywing 09-26-2009 06:51 AM

Join the Excitement of the
Pacific International Quilt Festival XVIII
at the
Santa Clara Convention Center
5001 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
( San Francisco Bay Area)
Click here for DRIVING DIRECTIONS

As BIG, BOLD & BEAUTIFUL as ever!

October 15-18, 2009
Thursday, Friday & Saturday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm

Admission $14 (includes re-admission), Sunday $12
Children under 16 Free ~ Free Parking
Enjoy the Center’s FESTIVE FOOD COURT

Shop over 300 vendor booths with
over 150 MERCHANTS from 30 states!
Click here for a list of PARTICIPATING VENDORS.

Vote for your favorite competition quilt in PIQF’s international

QUILT COMPETITION, “IT’S THE GETTING THERE”
and for your favorite garment in
the WEARABLE ART COMPETITION.

The Pacific International Quilt Festival XVIII is generously sponsored by:
Founding Sponsor
Bernina of America
California Sewing & Vacuums

Major Sponsors
Brother
Husqvarna Viking
Viking Sewing Center
Janome
Ray’s Sewing Machine Center

Silver Sponsors
Coats & Clark
P & B Textiles
Tin Lizzie 18

Special Exhibit Sponsor
Nolting Longarm Qulting Machines

Vendor Sponsors
Cherrywood Fabrics
Cotton & Chocolate Quilt Company
Keri Designs

I didn't list all the Sponsors

butterflywing 09-26-2009 06:58 AM

the recent one in pa was also $14. the one in nj was $12.

the $14 one was jammed, so i guess not.

Esqmommy 09-26-2009 07:06 AM

I live close by and plan to go. Anyone else going? We could meet up! PM me so we can try to get a plan in motion...

Sandy1951 09-26-2009 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
WOW! 14 dollars to get into a quilt show? I thought the $7 I paid in Madison last month was bad! Aren't they pricing themselves out of customers?

The annual large AQS show in Columbus, Ohio in June costs $25 to get in. I believe there's a discounted fee if you go more than one day. I was able to go in 2008 and looked forward all year to attending the 2009 show, but when the time came I simply couldn't afford it. I couldn't drive that far alone (about an hour-and-a-half drive) due to health reasons and it would have been $50 for two of us. It's always packed in spite of the cost. I guess I'd better save up so I can go next year. I'd love to attend the entire event and take classes, but that would increase the price tag considerably.

My daughter and I went to a small quilt show in Holmes County and I think it was $14 each to get in. It was pretty busy, too, but they didn't have nearly as many quilts as they advertised.

Chrys 09-27-2009 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I live close by and plan to go. Anyone else going? We could meet up! PM me so we can try to get a plan in motion...

I'm going too! I'm bringing my great Aunt too. I haven't been to this grand of a quilt show in over 10 years, so I'm really excited about it.

Esqmommy 09-27-2009 08:08 AM

So Chrys, let's try to meet up at some point!!!! I'm going to ask PittsburgPam if she wants to go, and I plan to bring my daughter (she's 10 going on 11).

renee765 09-27-2009 03:42 PM

Last weekend I paid $6 to get in the Greater San Antonio Quilt Guild quiltshow. It was fairly small, but I can only look at so many quilts anyway before my head goes into overload. There were some gorgeous quilts there, as I imagine there are at any quilt show.

Renee

Kryssa 10-12-2010 10:15 AM

I am going and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up and go to the Quilt-O event on Thursday night with me. I've never been to anything like this and would love to sit with some nice people! I am also going on Wednesday night for the show preview for people who paid for classes.