Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paducah,Paducah,Oh wonderful Paducah. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paducah-paducah-oh-wonderful-paducah-t187946.html)

sweetana3 05-03-2012 10:40 AM

For anyone out of town, our quilt tour leader has a two bus trip every year. It includes transportation to and from Paducah, hotel room for one night double, lunch on day one, dinner on Days one and two, all entries.

We see on Day One: Rotary show, Museum and shops around it if you walk, Eleanor Burns, Hancocks of Paducah. Plenty of time to see each one. Lunch this year was a church meal of chicken casserole and sides. Dinner was the most fantastic pulled pork dinner at a second church. Next year it is said Eleanor Burns will have her three sites in an AC building. Fabric was $5 a yard with lots of discounts for whole bolt, coupons, color of the day, etc.

We spend all day from 9 to 4 at the Convention Center but if you are tired or want to see any of the others, there are buses all over. Good food tents at the show and the Boy Scouts always sell strawberry shortcake. Dinner is at the Methodist Church and it is a great buffet with homemade salads, rolls, veggies, smoked turkey and ham, ice tea and all the homemade desserts you can eat. We already are reserved for next year.

It is around $210 for all this.He is taking reservations for next year.

GrannieAnnie 05-03-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5190760)
I live in Oregon. Where is Paducah? And I know there is a quilt store there. Is it big? Is there a lot of quilt things there? Is the museum about quilts? How big is the town? I order from Paducah quite a bit, and I think it's back east, and I'm on the west coast, so I need to know more about the store to decide if I should plan a trip there. Someone tell me more!!

Paducah is in Western Kentucky on the Ohio River. Don't know your definition of a big town, but it's certainly not Chicago or LA or NYC. It's a bit NW of Land Between the Lakes. Bigger airports would be St. Louis to the NW, Nashville to the SE. Louisville wouldn't be too far away. Decent roads from each airport to Paducah.

Jackie Spencer 05-03-2012 05:07 PM

Eleanore Burns has a shop there too. I used to go every year. Our Guild chartered a bus. There is so much to see and do. Every quilter should try and go at least once. You will have the time of your life.

joyce888 05-03-2012 05:17 PM

Sounds like a great trip. I will be in Paducah on the 15th & 16th. Plan on going to the museum and Hancocks.

Arleners 05-03-2012 07:49 PM

I went with 5 other ladies from our local quilt guild. This was my first time. We took all kinds of classes and I too went to the Ricky Timms Concert. All I can say is WOW!

clsurz 05-03-2012 09:16 PM

I agree! I went also and had a blast with the folks I met up with. Can't remember the last time I laughed so hard and had so much fun. Made new friends while there, spent a ton of money on fabric, books, and BabyLock Evolution Serger and BabyLock Embellisher. Didn't get to see all of the Art District but hope to return one day and just visit that and also hit the many flea markets, auctions and the like.

clsurz 05-03-2012 09:17 PM

Brings LOTS OF CASH for Hancocks. :D

Fabricbug 05-04-2012 05:05 AM

I was there with 3 other ladies had a great time! Needless to say I spent a lot but got a bunch of fabric. You can't pass up $5.00 a yard fabric these days and it was the good stuff! One of the places even had an additional 25% so the price was about $3.75 a yard. Good thing my husband like to restore cars and build RC airplanes. $ for $ hobbies!

Nanaquilts44 05-04-2012 09:31 AM

Went with my sis this year and we had a great time. Great vendors and quilts. Lots of classes and lectures offered. Eleanor Burns has great prices at her tent sales and warehouse. Also her Quilt in a Day shop. People in the town were friendly and we may go back sometime.

lfstamper 05-04-2012 09:35 AM

I went with two other friends. One had been before. We had a blast! The town is so friendly and nice and all about quilters! Such a treat. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves fabric...hehe.