Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   paint in sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paint-sewing-room-t185323.html)

hperttula123 04-07-2012 11:20 AM

I like color so I painted my sewing room yellow and green. The green is new orleans green and the yellow is a Winnie the Pooh color. They work well with each other and it is bright, but not so bright it hurts your eyes. The only bad thing is that I don't have very much of my walls showing...lol. THey are all covered with shelves...hahaha.

Debbie C 04-07-2012 12:22 PM

My quilting studio is a butter creamy yellow......every color looks nice with it

Sally J 04-07-2012 01:13 PM

My sewing area is in my living room and a soft grey-blue, seems to be bright and makes me feel calm. However, pick you favorite color and go for it..... Congratulations on getting a fresh room

Jackie Spencer 04-07-2012 01:35 PM

Mine is Ecru trimmed in a soft white, with sage green lace curtains. It sooths me, and my quilts on the wall really show up.

mtteach101 04-07-2012 01:41 PM

My old craft room was yellow and white accents. Very cheerful and friendly. :)

momto5 04-07-2012 03:43 PM

Mine are both a soft white and I love it. The sewing room I had earlier was in yellows and I loved it too; basically, waht they said...please yourself and make it easy on YOU!

MaryLane 04-07-2012 04:32 PM

The only person you have to please is YOU! Do what you want. It sounds neutral to me. Should work well. I, myself, am debating what color to paint when I switch rooms. The one thing I can guarantee you is it will NOT be yellow anywhere. I don't find yellow cheery and it blinds me to pretty much anything else becaue I find it so overwhelming.

My point is, all any of us can do is give OUR opinion but you know you best. If yellow makes you happy, use it (just don't invite me over! LOL). If an off white is what works in your mind's eye - go for it.

Congratulations on a fresh space!

brushandthimble 04-07-2012 04:46 PM

Mine is a soft light green, clear across the ceiling also. Trim is an off white. This room is also used as a painting class. Works for me.

SittingPretty 04-07-2012 05:06 PM

Mine is Misty Lilac. My favorite color is all shades of purple. Supposed to be for creative people. Bottom line: make it YOUR favorite color. I have a large white design board so my quilt blocks show up just fine without any influence from the wall color. But, whenever I go into my sewing room, I feel happy because I love my wall color, and it makes me want to work in there.

117becca 04-07-2012 05:14 PM

I think a sewing room is an opportunity to something fun and out of the ordinary when compared to the rest of the house. Step out of the box and have fun!!!

When i pick colors, I usually start w/ my window treatments first....It's easy to have paint tweaked to match fabrics, but it's hard to fabric to match paint.

Have fun and don't forget to show us pictures!!