Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Panasonic 360 cordless iron? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/panasonic-360-cordless-iron-t298190.html)

hilsmom 07-11-2018 12:27 PM

Panasonic 360 cordless iron?

The one with the ceramic sole plate. Anyone have this? How do you like it?

Cari-in-Oly 07-11-2018 04:05 PM

My BFF has one and loves it.

Cari

sahansen44 07-12-2018 03:49 AM

Love it, love it, love it.

hilsmom 07-12-2018 06:52 AM

Wonderful! Thank you ladies so much. I have ordered myself one to try. I am so tired of the cord dragging back across where I've already ironed!

Macybaby 07-12-2018 08:15 AM

I have a cord minder for my corded sewing machine. It keeps it up out of the way and I'm rarely dragging it across things. They use to be very common when people ironed a lot more. Both of the two I have are vintage.

I use my cordless iron when I'm paper piecing. I love having it right next to my sewing machine and love that it has a point on both ends. The only thing I don't like is that it shuts off rather fast, so I keep an eye on it and giggle it occasionally to keep it hot when I need it. Mine does not have the ceramic plate, so no comment on that part.

sewnclog 07-13-2018 04:46 AM

I like mine too but no ceramic plate.

Donnamarie 07-13-2018 05:35 AM

I have that iron and absolutely love it! The cordless feature is wonderful especially when ironing large pieces of fabric or curtains, no cord in the way. Another thing about the iron. I have issues with my hands and when using a regular iron you end up picking up the iron and putting it in the standing up position which makes you move your wrist up. I have found that just putting down the iron flat on the base, there is no wrist action, so I feel like I got an extra bonus without even realizing that it. You really should purchase one, you won't regret it. I also just looked at the reviews and they were all good. Good luck

TXGALNMN 07-13-2018 08:31 AM

I know this sounds very old fashion and out DATED and nuts to some! But I don't do much ironing. But when I need to I totally love my SAD IRONS! I have a few and even found some brand new unused on Ebay 3 or 4yrs ago. I love them because they have NO CORD! :)

ghquilter53 07-14-2018 12:57 AM

I have this iron and it is wonderful. Heats up quickly and so easy use without the cord. I highly recommend. That said I am not using the steam function on this iron. I use a spray bottle. Any steam iron I have had has ended up leaking so I will always use water from a spray bottle.

hilsmom 07-14-2018 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by ghquilter53 (Post 8093846)
I have this iron and it is wonderful. Heats up quickly and so easy use without the cord. I highly recommend. That said I am not using the steam function on this iron. I use a spray bottle. Any steam iron I have had has ended up leaking so I will always use water from a spray bottle.

That's a wonderful tip. As a new quilter it's also one I hadn't heard before. Pressing fabric for sewing and ironing fabric for wearing are so different!