Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Panel with quotes about daughters... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/panel-quotes-about-daughters-t158928.html)

eightylady 10-08-2011 08:49 AM

Have any of you made something with one of these panels? I did not buy the pattern so I'm stuck as to how to finish it. Duh!

dphelps 10-08-2011 09:03 AM

Have you done anything yet? I would just mimic the pattern they offered and make my own. What do you want it to look like? I want to do one of verses of Praise.

Monroe 10-08-2011 09:09 AM

I've seen them done as square in a square. I'm going to a quilt show next weekend- will see if one of the vendors has the panels. Can you search the company website?

Quilted Dogs 10-08-2011 09:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by eightylady
Have any of you made something with one of these panels? I did not buy the pattern so I'm stuck as to how to finish it. Duh!

Just sent a PM to u on these. I have the daughter, teacher and quilt ones. Went to the WI Quilt Expo and they were there.....they made a tote with one and so nice, took pic. I am now cutting the teacher one out and going to make a tote for a wedding shower gift for a teacher. Will try posting pic....just loved their booth and so much to see they had and ideas.....I bought my panels on sale online for only $4.95 a piece. At the show they wanted $9 for them. They also had the kits and all too. Ok will try and post pic here of the tote that was so nice I am trying to do. Hope it works, never done this .....Also, they used charm sq. to make this tote. I also think the panels would make a cute apron with the charm squares, my idea...

Tote made with panel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267867[/ATTACH]

quilter68 10-08-2011 09:29 AM

I used these quotes as the center for a courthouse log cabin quilt for my daughter
She does research almost everyday for her Suveryor husband.

Quilted Dogs 10-08-2011 09:39 AM

I did post below but how about just making a quilt with the charm squares and panel...or just use the panel in a frame and frame it with mtl. and do a strip around each sq. Depending on how u want to use it, how would u like to use it, in a quilt, wall hanging or table, etc......let me know and I will explain some ideas or just pm me

Painiacs 10-08-2011 09:45 AM

I have the one for daughters for a wall hanging or quilt. If that's the one your talking about pm haven't started it just read instructions.

QuiltE 10-08-2011 10:08 AM

I have never seen these panels, other than what has been posted on here. I bet it's one of those panels that NStitchS used to make a quilt for her daughter as a "off-to-university" farewell quilt. You could stalk her threads and get a peak of it.

Marlys 10-08-2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs

Just sent a PM to u on these. I have the daughter, teacher and quilt ones. Went to the WI Quilt Expo and they were there.....they made a tote with one and so nice, took pic. I am now cutting the teacher one out and going to make a tote for a wedding shower gift for a teacher. Will try posting pic....just loved their booth and so much to see they had and ideas.....I bought my panels on sale online for only $4.95 a piece. At the show they wanted $9 for them. They also had the kits and all too. Ok will try and post pic here of the tote that was so nice I am trying to do. Hope it works, never done this .....Also, they used charm sq. to make this tote. I also think the panels would make a cute apron with the charm squares, my idea...

I was there, also, and bought one of the panels. Where did you get it online? I would like more, but I couldn't justify it for $9.00.
Thanks!