Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   paper magazine pattern pieces (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paper-magazine-pattern-pieces-t93275.html)

honeybee_2000 01-23-2011 05:19 PM

is it possible for magazines to misprint the correct size pattern pieces? I have been working on a star block pattern, and my triangles are suppose to align up on the short sides for fly geese and they are not working together.

amma 01-23-2011 05:21 PM

It is possible, have you also double checked your seam allowances and measurements? :D:D:D

Does the magazine have a website? Sometimes they print corrections there if they do :D:D:D

sewwhat85 01-23-2011 05:22 PM

i just had that problem with i block in once more around the block book

honeybee_2000 01-23-2011 05:31 PM

I cut the paper pattern pieces( there were only sizes) as careful as I could to transfer to template and even just laying the pieces side by side I can tell the triangles arent going to line up along side short sides of the larger triangles.

thimblebug6000 01-23-2011 06:57 PM

Can you post a link to the pattern? Maybe someone else can give you an answer. Triangles are always deceiving.

quilterella 01-24-2011 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by honeybee_2000
is it possible for magazines to misprint the correct size pattern pieces? I have been working on a star block pattern, and my triangles are suppose to align up on the short sides for fly geese and they are not working together.

It doesn't happen often, but, it does happen. I'm working on a pattern right now that they forget one complete cutting step. Unfortunately it is an old magazine and I can't be bothered to contact them. I did mange to figure it out on my own without too much difficulty. Good Luck!

honeybee_2000 01-24-2011 06:55 AM

this is an older magazine also. 1984 to be exact..lol

Originally Posted by quilterella

Originally Posted by honeybee_2000

It doesn't happen often, but, it does happen. I'm working on a pattern right now that they forget one complete cutting step. Unfortunately it is an old magazine and I can't be bothered to contact them. I did mange to figure it out on my own without too much difficulty. Good Luck!

nativetexan 01-24-2011 07:20 AM

look up the magazines site online. if there are errors they do post them. and yes, they can make mistakes. Even Eleanor Burns of Quilt in a Day has mistakes in her books!

honeybee_2000 01-24-2011 10:39 AM

I give up on flying geese blocks..:( I wish there was a book out there that told you how to lay out your fabrics, cutting out the template patterns from the fabric. I can get the handquilting thing down pat, the sandwiching, even the binding but actually cutting out the pattern pieces is making me crazy.