Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which pattern would you choose for this fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pattern-would-you-choose-fabrics-t210513.html)

My time 01-10-2013 06:32 PM

I saw this quilt in the Keepsake catolgue that arrived in the mail today. You may need a couple more colors but this is a very cool quilt.

www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/7713.htm

If this link doesn't work the quilt is called Xanadu quilt pattern.

dondixson 01-11-2013 05:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Consider a pattern from Raidant Sunshine & Shadow....Just a LOT of 9 patches, but the results are stunning!! Wish I had a picture that I could post of the Blue batik that I made for my grandson.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]387384[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]387385[/ATTACH]

quilter68 01-11-2013 05:19 AM

XANADO gets my vote. I had to sign -in just because I love your fabrics (and) with this pattern!

Lorileik 01-11-2013 02:59 PM

I agree with jodiemarie. A black main color background withose colors using a jewel box pattern would be great. i made a quueen size one once and it came out beautiful. I entered it in the county fair and won a third place ribbon. I was cery excited because it was one of my early quilts.

SoBuzy 02-11-2013 06:52 AM

Just curious to know what you chose! Whew....lots of options....have my favorite but what was yours? Just curious!!

Maggiemay 02-11-2013 07:03 AM

Trip Around The World came to mind when I saw this fabric.

irishrose 02-11-2013 07:30 AM

Too late for an opinion, but I wonder which pattern was chosen.

Judi in Ohio 02-11-2013 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by nakotha (Post 5772945)
Morning :)

I got this fabrics as a christmas gift. They all are the same style but different colours. I want to have them all in one quilt, but am uncertain with a pattern. So what would you choose? My last quilt took me several months because of a lot of appliques and handquilting. Now I would choose something simple and a pattern where i can stitch in the ditch with sewing machine. Oh, and I don't want to make a bargello (too mans tiny pieces). I am thankful for every idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386945[/ATTACH]

I'd like to say in the kindest way I can, you need to add some prints to this grouping. The same pattern in different colors is just so........Take these with you and go shopping - the girls in the shop will have a great time too. Remember it isn't always about color. There is value and these fabrics need something to play off of. Now that's my opinion. Amish have been doing plain fabrics forever and people love them, but I don't like Amish quilts. I love scrappy quilts and that might not be to your liking.

rebeljane 02-12-2013 04:11 AM

Can you please advise as to the manufacturer and line of fabric, it is gorgeous. I can see a jewel box made from these fabrics, it would be fantastic!

lillybeck 02-12-2013 04:52 AM

These are beautiful fabrics. How about a DP9 with some black for sashing. I can see this in my mind and I would love it