Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pellon Fusible Fleece (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pellon-fusible-fleece-t195761.html)

SWEETPEACHES 07-25-2012 06:06 PM

Pellon Fusible Fleece

I've been using this for months. I have bought it at Joanns, I've ordered it online and today I received another bolt that I ordered from joanns on line. The one I opened today is different. It's thin and floppy. I had some pieces left from my last bolt and compared the two and the one I received today is definitely different. I don't like it, but I've opened it and used about a yard of it.

Has anyone else experienced this? :(

DawnFurlong 07-25-2012 06:25 PM

That's not good! So far I have only bought my Pellon Fusible Fleece at Joann's. Where did you buy it from? Did the invoice indicate the correct product even though it doesn't appear to be the correct product? I would certainly contact the vendor your bought from. I would be very frustrated with that!

I did recently order Pellon Fusible interfacing though, from Overstock.com. SF101. It was a bolt, is labeled correctly, looks right, thankfully.

SWEETPEACHES 07-25-2012 06:47 PM

I bought it from Joanns but online. I wrote to Pellon, but not Joanns.

SWEETPEACHES 07-25-2012 06:53 PM

I'm glad you said "Overstock". That's where I ordered from before (and couldn't remember). I just checked. What I got from Overstock in March and what I got online from Joanns today have the exact same number, but again, they are not the same.

DawnFurlong 07-25-2012 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES (Post 5394718)
I bought it from Joanns but online. I wrote to Pellon, but not Joanns.

Very disappointing. Do you have a local Joann's where you live? I would certainly be taking this in to them. Though I don't know what their return/refund policy is regarding items you have ordered online. If they don't carry the item in the store - probably no dice. Also, not sure of their refund policy on fabrics and such. But it's worth a try! Or, before driving anywhere, I would call Joann's first (whatever # they give online for contact/customer service). I know I haven't had problems with returns at the store (have only returned non-fabric items). I am hoping they make this right for you.

Would like to hear how this turns out for you. Sounds like someone got confused when filling the order, grabbed the wrong one, there are so many different types of interfacings and such. I have had a crash course in them over the past several weeks, have read, read, read about them.

SWEETPEACHES 07-26-2012 03:26 PM

I wrote to Pellon. They said they've not made any changes and think I must have gotten a defective roll. They're sending me a Fed Ex label and a new bolt. Yay!
I have a theory that the glue didn't get sprayed on this bolt as much as before. I have no idea if that's what it is or not, but like I had said, it's floppy, not stiff at all. I knew as soon as I touched it, it was different.

DawnFurlong 07-26-2012 06:00 PM

I am glad to hear that Pellon is going to make it right. :o Always glad to hear of good customer service.

Favorite Fabrics 07-26-2012 08:12 PM

I don't care much for fusibles, but I used to use Pellon's Thermolam when I made placemats and table runners. It used to be a nice, firm product... but then they started making it overseas and it was somehow much thicker & heavier. But it also became stretchy. Seriously, it's a STABILIZER, so why on earth would you want it to be stretchy? At that point I switched to Armo fleece, because I needed a consistent product.

I'm glad they are going to do right by you, though!