Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pet stroller (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pet-stroller-t235460.html)

DOTTYMO 11-25-2013 08:57 AM

Pet stroller

I have just purchased a pet stroller not for my little white fur babies but my fast and speedy sewing machine. I have tried all the bags with wheels for sewing machines and none are really good. You hit a small bump and it goes everywhere. Travelling in the car when I stopped quick it pushed handle of machine into it self.

This is a new try. It has four wheels and brakes. Hoping it will move and can be handled better than proper bags.

Does anyone else carry a sewing machine in something not made for that item.

Oh....PS. I'm sure the fur bunnies will have a go as well. At present they sleep in the sewing machine bag if I leave it unzipped..

BellaBoo 11-25-2013 09:08 AM

My DD bought me the Tutto sewing machine case with wheels one Mother's Day. She said she noticed I was struggling with the case I had and the LQS said this case was the best. She was right. It is a great sewing machine case. I use a seat belt to hold the case when taking it in the car.

SueSew 11-25-2013 09:17 AM

I have a cheap case from Joanns and have to take huge amount of care, seat belt it, lift it over bumps and stairs...

That said ...

now what exactly is a pet stroller????? Do you put them in diapers or let them out to pee? My poor old yellow lab is so arthritic she can't go for romps any more, barely limps around the yard. Could she fit in a stroller? it would be a blessing for her

auntpiggylpn 11-25-2013 09:33 AM

Ingenuity at its finest! We have an arthritic 15 yo Pomeranian who loves to go everywhere. We bought a nice Graco Deluxe baby stroller at a garage sale ($20)instead of buying a pet stroller ($85). Toby Bean makes new friends everywhere we go!!!

Prism99 11-25-2013 10:10 AM

My sister bought a pet stroller for her cat. They both love it. The cat sits inside the stroller with the "curtain" pulled down so she can look out but other pets can't look it. Dogs get pretty confused when she hisses as they pass! Not sure they make them big enough for a lab, but love the used baby stroller idea!

mckwilter 11-25-2013 10:10 AM

I put my white Singer Featherweight in a Coleman rolling cooler. It is not big enough to fit the case and machine. There are several pockets on the outside (including one on the lid) and has a firm plastic lining on the inside. I have plenty of room for the machine, fabric, threads, supplies, etc.

I just bought a small Tutto for the FW. I can put the machine inside the case in the Tutto and still have room for fabrics and miscellaneous stuff.

Misty's Mom 11-25-2013 12:08 PM

I have a pet stroller for my baby. They do make bigger strollers, not sure how much bigger. But, there was a lady at the park who bought a used baby stroller, closed off the part where the baby's legs go, reclined the back bad her dog loved it. She had a good sized dog in there too.

Annaquilts 11-25-2013 12:12 PM

Oh what pet stroller did you buy? I am looking for a pet stroller that is small and has decent small wheels for my 8 lb Havanese dogie. :D We do use a cute black and white paisley ice chest on wheels for taking out janome Jem Silver to class.