Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff 1471 Owners? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-1471-owners-t265287.html)

Candace 05-17-2015 10:24 AM

Pfaff 1471 Owners?

I've got my 1471 all repaired and I got all the parts needed to do it so it's sewing nicely. I know it's an older machine, but was curious if there were any others on the board that have used the creative function to make their own stitches? I have the manual and the programming book and have dabbled with entering the stitch charts provided but what I really would love to add to memory is a simple serpentine stitch similar to those on Berninas and Elnas. Has anyone created this stitch?

mermaid 05-17-2015 11:50 AM

I have the 1475 that came with the creative thingy..you carefully draw your design going point to point in the squares--it has been a long time for me--and then connect to the machine and save to memory. Is this what your machine does? I'm not familiar, Anyway, I did ''by: my name" to put into memory for personalizing..I think I did a duck, and I know my son drew a corvette for me to trace and save to the machine. It is still there after more than 20 yrs! Then I got a "real" embroidery machine and didn't use the creative box anymore. It is basically like new. I see no reason you cannot create a serpentine stitch, and you could just keep sewing and repeating.

Weezy Rider 05-17-2015 12:50 PM

I also had a 1471 and I did use both the P and M (B00L00) memories. I need a picture of the stitches, but if you have a half scallop stitch that starts in the center - put it in M memory; flip stitch (upside down) and add that to M memory.
It will continuous sew. Otherwise, you will have to program half via B00L00 and save in P memory. Flip the stitch and add it, too.

The stitches HAVE to start in the center position.

Candace 05-17-2015 01:48 PM

I created several stitches today including a few different types of appliqué type stitches and the serpentine. I drew out the curve I wanted on the grid and plotted it out. It took a couple of tries, but it came out great. I'm using it now to do quilting large top. The throat space is small compared to my other machines, but the ability to create your own stitches is so cool. Mermaid, yours is even more advanced than my model. I have to enter every grid spot by number in the program. It's pretty tedious. But for buttonhole type appliqué stitches etc. it doesn't take that long. I always use the serpentine stitch on my Berninas and Elnas so it's really nice to be able to use it on this machine too.

mermaid 05-17-2015 03:28 PM

Candace, good for you ''taking the bull by the horns''. I'm sure I could do a lot with mine if I just took the time. But alas, the drawing pad only has a few pages missing, and the creative designer is stored in the case, while the machine is in a 'drop' table. I also have a Pfaff 1171, so I have one quite a bit older than yours, and it just has push buttons. The newer one does about the same thing except it's electronic and has the C designer. Love Pfaff machines --my older one came from Germany truly and I have manuals for both countries. (good thing, too!) It's the one I bought from repair man for $50 because owner didn't want to pay for motor repair. He totally did not know this brand!

Candace 05-17-2015 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid (Post 7198555)
Candace, good for you ''taking the bull by the horns''. I'm sure I could do a lot with mine if I just took the time. But alas, the drawing pad only has a few pages missing, and the creative designer is stored in the case, while the machine is in a 'drop' table. I also have a Pfaff 1171, so I have one quite a bit older than yours, and it just has push buttons. The newer one does about the same thing except it's electronic and has the C designer. Love Pfaff machines --my older one came from Germany truly and I have manuals for both countries. (good thing, too!) It's the one I bought from repair man for $50 because owner didn't want to pay for motor repair. He totally did not know this brand!

I bought my 1471 for the same amount because it needed repair. I was able to do it myself with a few parts and I just love it for piecing. I also have a 1222. I love the IDT.