Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff 2140 and free motion quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-2140-free-motion-quilting-t269211.html)

Dreaming 08-25-2015 01:56 PM

Pfaff 2140 and free motion quilting

I finally decided to learn how to free motion quilt for the 20th time. LOL Trying to get everything set up and now I can't figure out how to raise my presser foot for free motion quilting. If any of you pfaff 2140 owners could help me out I sure would appreciate it.

suern3 08-25-2015 02:27 PM

I have the Pfaff 2134 which I don't think is much different from yours. Just raise the lever for the presser foot about half way up from the bottom, slowly, and you should feel a catch. Then gently push the lever toward the back and it should just click into place. Instructions may be in your manual that have a better description than I do. But that's it, about half way between fully up or down and then a little toward the back. Good luck!

Gladygirl 08-25-2015 02:33 PM

I have a 2040 and it has a stopping place about halfway --just move the presser foot raising lever (either up or down) very slowly and you should be able to feel the notch where it will stop. It will stay there until you move it again. Hope you can figure out what I am trying to say---your manual should have the directions too.

Dreaming 08-25-2015 02:47 PM

I have tried this over and over again. The manual says to push a certain button, which looks like feed dogs up or down and then push darning, embroidery , free motion button, but when I push the feed dogs button, the other button doesn't pop up. I'm totally frustrated!

Weezy Rider 08-25-2015 03:24 PM

There is a button for foot pressure. It isn't a real button, it's on a screen.

Find the screen for the straight stitch. On the bottom there should be an illustration of a presser foot with an arrow up or down. That's the button. I think there's 3 positions.

Dreaming 08-25-2015 05:01 PM

Thank you so much for all that replied, I got it figured out. Nothing ever comes easy does it!

frannella 11-15-2015 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dreaming (Post 7297516)
Thank you so much for all that replied, I got it figured out. Nothing ever comes easy does it!

Dreaming--I am asking for a friend who inherited her mom's Pfaff 2140 upgraded to a 2170. She has tried everything to adjust the pressure foot to the "middle" position for FMQ but can't figure it out. She's not computer savvy so I am trying to help her troubleshoot her computerized machine. She has her own Pfaff--a 7550--as her go-to machine primarily because she can't figure out what you have managed to figure out. I skimmed through the 2170 manual but didnt see anything in the manual regarding multiple positions of pressure foot height, just up and down. Can you walk us through the process of reaching that elusive middle third position?

Many thanks and best wishes from No. California