Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff Creative Vision 5.0/5.5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-creative-vision-5-0-5-5-a-t295188.html)

ScubaK 03-01-2018 08:40 PM

Pfaff Creative Vision 5.0/5.5

I am hoping for some advice and help.
I bought my C.V 5.0 in 2009, not really used it for embroidery but my main piecing machine.
It started out overheating about 3 months ago. I took it in for repair and they replaced some bushing thing.
I haven't had it home for a month and haven't sewn 20 hours on it and now it is overheating again and it's doing this bizarre screen thing. Blanking out, turning on and off.
Has anyone else had these problems?
I really like this machine.
Does anyone have any advice on a machine to replace this one?
All help and advice would be appreciated.
THank you,
Kirsten

coffeecozy 03-02-2018 04:02 AM

Hi Kirsten.
Sorry no advice, just sympathy.
I have the same machine(bought new about the same time) and have been using it for sewing and embroidery with no trouble at all so far. I really like mine too and would hate to have to replace it. Well, if someone wanted to give me a new Icon I wouldn't be too sad.
Hoping someone has some help to offer.

Geri B 03-02-2018 05:33 AM

If the dealer won't give you satisfaction, can you somehow reach corporate? Must be more than a bushing to cause repeated overheating.....I would request a replacement!

EasyPeezy 03-02-2018 01:44 PM

Before you buy a new machine, have you checked that your electrical
is up to par? Do you have a surge suppressor? Cheap insurance
of power fluctuations, etc.
I have two Janomes and like them a lot. Never any problem.
Test drive several machines and see what you like.

ScubaK 03-03-2018 05:18 AM

Geri B,
This machine is 10yrs old to me. I am not sure when it came out as I bought it used.
Thank you though as I will try to contact corporate.
Kirsten

coopah 03-03-2018 05:58 AM

I’m sorry and have no advice, but if the bushing replacement didn’t work, the shop needs to know. Then take it from there. Love Pfaffs, but sometimes the techs that work on the machines leave something to be desired. Not sure why.

Yvonne 03-03-2018 08:45 AM

My old Pfaff had dual power settings. One for USA and the other for European (not sure of the terminology). Have you checked. Does the new machine have these settings and is your machine set correctly? Just a thought.

shasta5718 03-03-2018 10:16 AM

I have a creative sensation. bought used and had 2 things go out right away. The repair man told me to get an inexpensive battery back up. He said the boards in the newer machines are very sensitive to power fluctuations both surges and drops. I did get one for around 50 dollars and haven't had any problems in the last 3 years.

vschieve 03-08-2018 03:23 PM

If you don't use the embroidery unit, trade it in for a Pfaff Performance 5.2 which is great for piecing, has a wide open area for FMQ, and has lots of built in features. Check it out. I have the Performance 5.0, and love it. Would love to trade up to the 5.2, which does the stacking stitches. Love that feature. Its a built in embroidery feature.

SewBear 04-28-2018 10:28 AM

I also have problems with the "Blanking out/Turns off" screen. I use a surge protector. Only started doing this after I brought it in for a cleaning/tune-up. But its sporadic, goes in spurts. Now I get a "Machine needs a rest" message when it stops. Otherwise it works fine. But it is frustrating when it starts doing these turning off cycles. Anyone else heard of this?