Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   pfaff grand quilter 1200 owners???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-grand-quilter-1200-owners-t28515.html)

Pam Pollock 08-01-2010 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann Ridgeway
thanks, the bottom is doing frustrating loops, and as if that weren't enough the stupid thing skips great long spaces then reconnects only to skip again. I just did a quilt where after the initial flubbing was over with. (Because it has to do that with every one in one place or another) It went well. Now it went well then the last half of the quilt I have had to cut out stitches twice to what I put in and leave. It isn't very much fun. I even marked my settings so I wouldn't get them off if I bumped them and changed to the needle package that came with the machine and machine quilting thread as recommended the whole shebang. It still isn't fun.

Stitches will get longer & skip stitches if the encoder wheels are not turning on the track properly. Try cleaning the regulator encoder wheels with rubbing alcohol. Move the machine back & forth from the back side of the table & take a visual look to see if the encoder wheels are tracking properly (rolling on the track). If your needle is dull it may not be picking up the bobbin thread properly. Usually you will hear a plucking sound when the needle goes through the fabric if the needle is dull. Try those two things & see if problem gets resolved.

:D :-D

Ruth Ann Ridgeway 08-01-2010 05:15 PM

Thanks, We just cleaned the runner wheels and had changed needles twice just in case it was them. Then we cleaned those wheels and it did work much better. I thank you. I had no idea. Even though I changed thread this thread wants to split at the needle. I haven't been having that so much only about five times during this past full quilt. We did get it finished without the big loops to cut out and still have several big long skipped stitches. Tomorrow when we start again we will clean the wheels better. We didn't know anything about that stuff. I am only home for one month during the summer month and have only had it last summer and this so I really know nothing about what I am doing. I appreciate your remarks and will treasure them. thanks. Ruth Ann

Pam Pollock 08-01-2010 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann Ridgeway
Thanks, We just cleaned the runner wheels and had changed needles twice just in case it was them. Then we cleaned those wheels and it did work much better. I thank you. I had no idea. Even though I changed thread this thread wants to split at the needle. I haven't been having that so much only about five times during this past full quilt. We did get it finished without the big loops to cut out and still have several big long skipped stitches. Tomorrow when we start again we will clean the wheels better. We didn't know anything about that stuff. I am only home for one month during the summer month and have only had it last summer and this so I really know nothing about what I am doing. I appreciate your remarks and will treasure them. thanks. Ruth Ann

I am so happy if I can help someone avoid the hassles I went through. You are very welcome!!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-01-2010 07:56 PM

Me too, many errors before IT or I got on things working better on a normal basis! Now can finish w/meander lickity split, Happy Days ! :)

fromzstore 09-18-2010 04:57 PM

i have the next generation frame and have a problem with the ratchets not wanting to move so i can advance the quilt it takes me longer to play with them than to quilt down a row any suggestions on how to take care of this problem. any help would be appreciated.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 09-18-2010 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
i have the next generation frame and have a problem with the ratchets not wanting to move so i can advance the quilt it takes me longer to play with them than to quilt down a row any suggestions on how to take care of this problem. any help would be appreciated.

Sorry no help here, i have a different frame, no ratchet.
Good Luck :D

zkosh 09-19-2010 08:34 AM

Have you tried the yahoo group for Pfaff grand quilted owners? There is tons of help there!

Go to PfaffHobbyGrandQuilter@yahoo groups.com

fromzstore 09-19-2010 09:50 AM

yea thanks tried there

Pam Pollock 09-19-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore

I have the Next Generation frame too. I sometimes have to adjust the roller bar back & forth with my hand while I set the lock on the ratchet. It may just need to be adjusted to a position for the rachet to catch. I don't have a lot of problems with them but every once in a while I do have to do that. It may be that you could use new ratchets? Check with Grace Frames to see about getting new ones to make your life easier.
:D Pam

fromzstore 09-19-2010 12:56 PM

thanks pam i will do that i was desperate today and sprayed wd40 on the rachets and so far it is working ok dont know why that worked but i figured it could not hurt if i have more problems i will contact the grace co.