Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff Owners?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-owners-t14505.html)

mommaB 12-17-2008 06:43 AM

My LQS/Pfaff dealer is having a big sale this weekend including previously loved machines. I would love to get one, but not sure which one!! I'm not into embroidery, so that's not an issue. Which models do you own and what are it's pros and cons? thanks

Elizabeth A. 12-17-2008 04:29 PM

I don't have a pfaff, but I did shop quite seriously for one earlier this year. Depending on what you'd like to do with it I loved the 7500 series. Those are any machine starting with 75 - ten years ago they were considered the top of the line and have plenty of doodads to keep a quilter busy for years to come.

Just be sure you understand what the machine does, since these will be used machines each one will offer different things. My mom has an older pfaff not as fancy as the ones I mentioned, as far as I know it's never given her a spec of trouble.

Make a list, write down what you do want in a sewing machine. Decorative stitches? Needle up/down, adjustable presser foot, snap on feet, adjustable stitch length/width, needle threader are just a few things that you might like to have. If you'd like -make two lists, one of MUST HAVES and other of "would likes". That will really help you when you go to the store.

Jim's Gem 12-17-2008 05:08 PM

I have an older Pfaff I bought 22 years ago. It still works like a dream and I never had any problems with it. I bought a new Bernina not quite 2 years ago because I wanted more stitches and options. I had been looking to replace it with another Pfaff because of how good this machine was for me but alas, I would have to drive 30 miles or more for someone who sells or services one, whereas I have a Bernina dealer and repair shop within a mile or so of my house!!!

jabs317 12-17-2008 05:33 PM

I completely agree with Loretta. I recently bought a 2026 on e-bay and absolutely love it. It does everything I could ever want to do since I am not into Embroidery. Also, my mother has a 2027 for piecing and she is very happy with it as well. Good Luck with your purchase.

Ms Grace 12-17-2008 07:38 PM

I have a 7550 and I LOVE it. Bought it off Ebay last year. The IDT (dual feed) is why I wanted it. It's wonderful!

Yvonne 12-17-2008 08:27 PM

I own the tiptronic 2020. My daughter's husband was stationed in Germany and Naomi brought home a pfaff for me. (I paid of course!) It is a wonderful machine. One can't praise it enough! In fact I can't sew without the dual feed anymore! I have a Bernina with the stitch regulator. I love using it for quilting but I almost always use the pfaff for my piecing!! It's my rule :!:

Shadow Dancer 12-18-2008 01:52 AM

I have a Pfaff Performance 2056 that I got a great deal on earlier this year. I bought it to replace my 23 year old Janome Memory Craft 7000. I have no regrets except one, I should have gotten it sooner! :) It's a great machine and I love the IDT feature. :)

PrettyKitty 12-18-2008 05:41 AM

I have a new Pfaff Hobby 1122, just a basic machine, but its great. German engineering - need I say more?

Grammie2twins+1 12-18-2008 06:35 AM

I've had my Pfaff 1475 CD for going on 20 years. I still love it! It has many hours on it and still stitches beautifully. I highly recommend Pfaff.

kinkajou 12-18-2008 07:01 AM

i bought a 2048 earlier this year and love it. the built in walking foot (dual feed) is amazing, it is virtually impossible to stray! i suggest getting the stitch in the ditch foot to go along with the machine, making stitching in the ditch so easy and it'll alway look perfect.

keep us posted.