Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff Performance 5.0 Anyone have one? Pros/Cons? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-performance-5-0-anyone-have-one-pros-cons-t304027.html)

NT66 04-05-2019 10:18 AM

Pfaff Performance 5.0 Anyone have one? Pros/Cons?

I was considering purchasing a used Pfaff Performance 5.0 and
was wondering if anybody has any experience with this model?

I usually do traditional pieced quilts, table toppers, craft projects, pillowcases, etc...
with quilting in the ditch, echoing, etc.

I'm a confident intermediate beginner and was wondering if this would be a good fit for me;
as well as allow me to grow my skills in the future.

Thanks for any info! =)

maryb119 04-05-2019 12:16 PM

I have owned a Pfaff machine for over 20 years. Pfaff has been the best machine I have ever had. The IDT (duel feed) is amazing to piece and quilt with. A variety of feet come with the machine but there are more you can purchase. They will stitch and quilt about anything you want to make. You will not go wrong with Pfaff.

Yes, this machine will let you grow your skills for a long time. A good dealer will help you get the most from your machine. I sound like an advertisement for Pfaff but I have been sewing since I can remember and used many different machines. Pfaff is the best by far. I am a retired bridal seamstress, too and we used a Pfaff Ambition 1.0 in the sewing room there. They are a well built, work horse of a machine.

rusty quilter 04-05-2019 01:51 PM

I have had Pfaff machines for years as well...I now own a Bernina...only because there are no Pfaff dealers where I live now....

suern3 04-05-2019 02:14 PM

I have the Pfaff 4.2 that I use for piecing, FMQing , applique, any repairs my grandsons can talk me into. I got this one after using a Pfaff 2134 for several years. It is a good machine, also, but the 4.2 has a larger throat and extra lights. Very happy with both machines. There are so many features I hate to try to list them. I know the 5 has even more features than mine, more "room to grow".

sandy l 04-06-2019 03:15 AM

I'm another "have had Pfaff machines forever", and have been very happy with them. I currently have the Pfaff 4.0.

Karenacarpe 04-06-2019 04:33 AM

I own and use a Pfaff 5.O and love it. I have had it for 3 years. I also have another Pfaff or 20 yrs. both are awesome. I love the automatic foot down, hread cutter and everything else. You will not be sorry. Be sure you have a good dealer near. They are very supportive. Happy sewing

WMUTeach 04-06-2019 05:16 AM

I just purchased a 5.2 and my daughter has a 5.0. We both like our machines. I do almost exclusively quilting and it is terrific for straight line quilting. Give yourself some time to grow accustomed to the machine. There are some really good YouTube tutorials on using the different features of the machine. I have had mine since early October so I am still in new user mode for some functions. My daughter has had here for several years and does both garments/costumes and quilting. She recommended the Pfaff highly. I chose this machine because of the larger harp/work space. It is amazing how much easier it is to quilt with this larger space. I would not hesitate to make the investment particularly if you have a service provider near you. I have not needed service (nor has my daughter) but it would be frustrating if I had to travel 90 minutes to have service done on the machine.

Frances41 04-06-2019 05:24 AM

I do have one and I really like it. Of course I love the Pfaff machines, have had 4 of them and still have two They are "work Horse" machine.

NT66 04-06-2019 05:48 AM

Thank you all for the info!

Kitsie 04-06-2019 07:01 AM

We see lots f problems members have with other machines but rarely with Pfaff. I, too am a long time user.