Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff Performance 5.2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-performance-5-2-a-t279746.html)

CarolinePaj 06-19-2016 12:08 PM

Pfaff Performance 5.2

Hi Guys,

A little while ago I asked for thoughts on the Husqvarna 960 - thank you everyone for the opinions. When I phoned the shop to order it, the salesman suggested that I go for the Pfaff 4.2 which has the same functions as the Husqvarna that I wanted but also has the IDT. I said I would think about it.

So, I googled and pondered and then googled some more and came to the decision that if I was going to go for the Pfaff, I might as well go for the Performance 5.0. So, I phoned the shop and placed the order.

The next day the shop contacted me and said that they did not have a 5.0 in stock and that they couldn't get one any more as Pfaff have replaced this model with the Performance 5.2.... I was about to say how upsetting that was when they told me that they were going to upgrade me to the 5.2 at no extra charge and loan me a 4.0 so I could get used to the Pfaff layout whilst I was waiting.... (amazing) .... well, my new lady arrived Friday afternoon.

Now we have had an ultra busy weekend and today is Fathers Day here in the UK so all the family have been here..... so she is still in the box..... but I am itching to get my little hands on her. I decided to leave it until the morning when everybody is at work and school so I can really enjoy playing with my new toy!

I am so excited. I will let you all know how she handles when I have had a play and thank you to everybody who helped me make my decision.

Hugs

Caroline

KLO 06-19-2016 12:56 PM

I am excited for you! What a great deal! I love my older Pfaff mostly due to the IDT. It makes sewing when needing a walking foot so much easier .... just "set it and forget it"! Ha! It's there waiting for you all the time. You don't have to put on an attachment. Love it!!! I hope you do too. If I ever update I will be looking at the Pfaffs again ... although I believe the newer Berninas have this now too since Pfaff's patent ran out.

Tiggersmom 06-19-2016 01:03 PM

Wow, what a dealer!!!! Sounds like you not only are getting a great machine but will have a terrific service if you need it. Lets see some of your projects asap. Congrats.

coopah 06-19-2016 01:10 PM

You will love the IDT feature! Enjoy the new "baby."

Knitette 06-19-2016 01:13 PM

So pleased for you. There's nothing like a new machine to bring unbridled joy! I have the Expression 4.0 and Performance 5. Love them both - the Sensormatic mode for FMQ is fantastic. FMQ even metallics with ease. Happy sewing. :)

Kitsie 06-19-2016 01:30 PM

Thrilled for you! I love my "Guilty Quilter" a Pfaff Exp 3.0. Pfaff's are an excellent machine! Happy Monday!

QuiltnNan 06-19-2016 02:45 PM

congrats, and what a good dealer

maryb119 06-19-2016 03:12 PM

What a wonderful dealer!!!! You will love your Pfaff. IDT is the best!

Bueniebabe 06-19-2016 06:31 PM

Congrat's on getting a Pfaff
I have 3, a basic, serger and Creative 4.5
I love all of them
My mother has a basic for over 60 years. She made all my clothes growing up. Also made wedding dresses.
I love the IDT

ManiacQuilter2 06-20-2016 01:03 AM

Sounds like they treated you fairly. These machines can get quite expensive and you have to make the right decision for yourself. Enjoy and have FUN!