Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   picking Bargello fabric a pain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/picking-bargello-fabric-pain-t114852.html)

CristyK1 04-09-2011 05:17 PM

picking Bargello fabric a pain

I can't believe how much a pain in the arse it was trying to pick out the ten colors for the bargello placemats I'm going to break into Bargello quilts.

I mean it was a pain. I can't believe how hard it was for me. I have a phobia of established patterns in my fabric. I hate using them. I'm more of a tone on tone or marbled print on my fabric (I don't use solids). So today having to pick out patterns was so hard on me it almost made me sick to my stomach.

I have no idea how I'm going to pick out 20 fabrics for the quilt I want to make next. It's going to be the death of me.

0tis 04-09-2011 05:23 PM

I know what you mean - I suffer from the same - when I walk into the LQS - I just about faint because there are so many choices. But its a good thing....

earthwalker 04-09-2011 05:24 PM

No it won't....just means you are pushing yourself way out of your comfort zone. You can do it....just a little bit of your "tone on tone, marbled self" is digging her heels in. Maybe post some pics....you will get plenty of help. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

jillaine 04-09-2011 05:24 PM

so, pick 10 or 20 tone-on-tone & marble fabrics and make your bargello with those.

jillaine 04-09-2011 05:32 PM

See http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-113886-1.htm for a bargello that doesn't use prints.

gaigai 04-09-2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by CristyK1
I can't believe how much a pain in the arse it was trying to pick out the ten colors for the bargello placemats I'm going to break into Bargello quilts.

I mean it was a pain. I can't believe how hard it was for me. I have a phobia of established patterns in my fabric. I hate using them. I'm more of a tone on tone or marbled print on my fabric (I don't use solids). So today having to pick out patterns was so hard on me it almost made me sick to my stomach.

I have no idea how I'm going to pick out 20 fabrics for the quilt I want to make next. It's going to be the death of me.

I had the same problem. I had some I kinda liked, but then at the Fat Quarter Shop I saw a bundle that was perfect. So I called them and asked for two yards of everything in that bundle. Easy peasy!! LOL

kathdavis 04-09-2011 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I had 15 different fabrics in mine, and it took me about two hours to pick all of them, so allow yourself plenty of time.

CristyK1 04-09-2011 06:11 PM

Kath, I love yours. Love the colors. But mine is going to be in all greens. It took me about 45 minutes to pick ten. I'm thinking 20 is going to be a all day deal.

gaigai 04-09-2011 11:35 PM

Kath, I love yours. Love the colors. But mine is going to be in all greens. It took me about 45 minutes to pick ten. I'm thinking 20 is going to be a all day deal.

You guys are too funny. I'm talking two to three WEEKS to choose, audition, reject & replace fabrics. ROFLMBO!!!

CristyK1 04-10-2011 03:48 AM

Because I need so much of the fabric I am going to pick up pieces using coupons. So it will be a piece or two a week.

Originally Posted by gaigai

You guys are too funny. I'm talking two to three WEEKS to choose, audition, reject & replace fabrics. ROFLMBO!!!