Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   pink dresdens ... here's the background (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pink-dresdens-heres-background-t304330.html)

MarionsQuilts 04-23-2019 02:47 PM

pink dresdens ... here's the background

2 Attachment(s)
I have marked out the background for the pink dresdens

here's the background: not sure how well you can see it. I did trace over the middle and "corner" dresdens and stars so I knew where to put them. The blue marker will be FMQ in the corners - the red markings are to remind me to do an echo around them! I always forget this part, so hopefully the red will remind me!

As you can see there is a space in the middle of each of the sides ... if anyone has any ideas to fill it, let me know - I'm open to ideas!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611996[/ATTACH]

and here's what it will look like when they are appliqued: i did flip the corners the other way, just never took a picture of it ... and the edge points are much further back (making the quilt bigger)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611995[/ATTACH]

Thanks for all the layout tips that I got on the other post!

Tartan 04-23-2019 03:02 PM

​Going to be pretty! Are you going to quilt with pink thread?

maryb119 04-23-2019 03:02 PM

I can't wait to see pictures of it when you get it done!

QuiltnNan 04-23-2019 06:33 PM

looks like a great plan

quiltingshorttimer 04-23-2019 08:46 PM

I like the quilting pattern you've drawn out.

Ellen 1 04-24-2019 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 8244302)
I have marked out the background for the pink dresdens

here's the background: not sure how well you can see it. I did trace over the middle and "corner" dresdens and stars so I knew where to put them. The blue marker will be FMQ in the corners - the red markings are to remind me to do an echo around them! I always forget this part, so hopefully the red will remind me!
.............edited by Ellen........

Marion, this looks great!!! You are very creative/imaginative! (I hope you tested the red marker ahead of all the making you have done).

MarionsQuilts 04-24-2019 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8244306)
​Going to be pretty! Are you going to quilt with pink thread?

hadn't thought of that ... light pink? otherwise, dark pink might be too much ....

MarionsQuilts 04-24-2019 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ellen 1 (Post 8244464)
Marion, this looks great!!! You are very creative/imaginative! (I hope you tested the red marker ahead of all the making you have done).

Ellen 1 - I have used these markers for over a year now to mark everything! They always wash out! They are crayola erasables (for kids) best marking tool for quilts ever!

Jingle 04-24-2019 02:53 PM

It will be beautiful when finished.

bkay 04-25-2019 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 8244302)
As you can see there is a space in the middle of each of the sides ... if anyone has any ideas to fill it, let me know - I'm open to ideas!

I don't quilt much, and when I do, it's only with a walking foot. So, take my suggestion with a grain of salt. It appears to me the only option would be to continue the design a little further (make another feather). If you think it's going too far, do it in a thread that matches the background. I think anything else would look out of place.

I'm basing my suggestion on the assumption that that space is larger than allowed by your batting. If that's not a consideration, I'd leave it blank. It looks great like it is.

Talk about making lemonade out of lemons! I think this one takes the cake! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

bkay