Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pink fabric and new Mom's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pink-fabric-new-moms-t203324.html)

carolaug 10-15-2012 04:57 PM

Pink fabric and new Mom's

I was so excited that finally for the first time ever i was going to buy pink and make pink quilts..I bought a ton of pink...minky, flannels and cotton...my son told me yesterday that his wife does not like pink...well I know that she wears pink so I thought that was strange...but then I remembered her favorite grandma had cancer and now her other one does...when I use to see people wear pink that is what I always have thought of too the last few years...so I am making her baby a purple quilt for them...and the pink I am making for here...does anyone else think the same??

Cybrarian 10-15-2012 05:09 PM

Pink says many things to me. Yes it is the color for the fight against breast cancer, but it is so many other things too: baby girls, wild roses, bubble gum, strawberry gelato, a new crayon, a ballerina tutu, pretty stationary, a beautiful dawn, a favorite cashmere sweater, a gorgeous nightgown, a prom dress that sparkles and of course Fairy wings :-).

Dolphyngyrl 10-15-2012 09:05 PM

I am not a pink person either, why do people always think baby girls pink, my baby's room was actually blue, and my husband didn't think it was a good idea until he saw the finished product

quiltsRfun 10-15-2012 09:41 PM

I've always liked pink. But I can see why someone with a family history of breast cancer might have a negative association with the color. Good thing you found out before the quilts were done.

quiltingcandy 10-15-2012 09:55 PM

I had breast cancer and even though I am rather sick of the pink ribbon stuff - I love pink. Turns out my aunt does too, so I had a great time making a pink quilt.

Quiltaddiction 10-15-2012 10:06 PM

It seems a bit old school to think of blue for boys and pink for girls but I do it too. I think it's a generation thing. These days babys are dressed in fabulous colours and they are so fun to see. I also think of cotton candy and of course breast cancer awareness and I am making a mystery quilt on this board with pink in it a first for me. Personally I wouldn't wear pink in a blue fit :D

quiltsRfun 10-15-2012 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction (Post 5588982)
Personally I wouldn't wear pink in a blue fit :D

Haven't heard that saying before but it certainly fits in with the pink and blue discussion. ;)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 10-15-2012 10:49 PM

Pink is the best color for almost everything! I wouldn't really want a pink house (maybe a front door) or a pink car. Almost every color is the "cancer" color for some kind of cancer anyway.

Jackie Spencer 10-16-2012 03:30 AM

Oh my goodness, I love pink!! My whole house is pink and mauve's, sage green and cream, I even have pink check with small pink rosebud dish towels.

ArtsyOne 10-16-2012 03:36 AM

A few weeks ago I noticed that my baby quilt stash was heavy on the royal blues and cars and trucks and tractors. Last week I saw an absolutely beautiful pink and black baby quilt and had to run immediately to the fabric warehouse to stock up on pinks. Can't wait for someone to have a girl baby now and working with pink.