Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pins and Teeth Alert!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pins-teeth-alert-t132741.html)

doowopddbop 06-25-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by ajohn52

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I was reading a magazine article once about a woman who had had breast implants put in. To show how "flat" she had been before, she said she wore falsies and used them as a pincushion while sewing. Until one day the doorbell rang and she answered it to find a shocked door-to-door salesmen looking at her chest with all the pins stuck in it!!

LOL...LOL...LOL

Bwahahaha!

onemoe 06-25-2011 12:03 PM

just like we use to open bobbie pins with our teeth

lmyler 06-25-2011 12:11 PM

Gosh, I am guilty of putting a couple (not more than 2 or 3 when I am sewing and they get in the way (as did my Mom). Amy, when she was little, used to say Mommy, you are going to swallow that - old habits are hard to break, aren't they? Thanks for the info - will try to stop!!
Linda

betsymjeff 06-25-2011 02:36 PM

When I was in high school, a girl in home ec. sucked a needle down her throat. Luckily it went straight through.

My daughter, at less than a year, picked a pin up off the floor and before I could get to her, she swallowed it. Took her to ER and they took an X-ray. Thankfully it was a big headed pin and it went head first, not point first. Just had to wait for it to pass through. That was fun. I saved the pin and put it in her baby book.

BarbZ 06-25-2011 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by onemoe
just like we use to open bobbie pins with our teeth

yes I remember that too. Our poor little pearly whites. LOL :-D :lol:

Ruby the Quilter 06-25-2011 03:46 PM

I didn't realize that I did it until I saw my granddaughter with a pin in her mouth.

luce321 06-25-2011 04:17 PM

Re: the breast implants, I really got a big chuckle out of that. Feels good to get a good laugh once in awhile.

LivelyLady 06-25-2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I would be afraid of swallowing the pin if I put it beween my teeth.

Me too!!!

ispy 06-25-2011 07:09 PM

I don't have time to read all the replies, if someone has already mentioned it I apologize, but I don't put anything in my mouth that might have originated in China. It seems lead is in everything being imported from China including paint, toothpaste, toys, sewing items, blinds and so forth. Don't risk putting a pin loaded with lead into your Mouth!

gagranny 06-25-2011 07:35 PM

Didn't she think if she whacked you for punishment it would startle you and you would swallow the pin LOL

Originally Posted by featherweight
My Home Ec teacher told us many years ago that if she caught us with a pin in our mouth she just may give us a whack on the back.. That has stuck with me all my life. I never do that. She said that if we have one in our mouth and got startled, we may swallow it. OUCH!!