Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Placement of Quilt Label (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/placement-quilt-label-t280908.html)

Jeanette Frantz 07-31-2016 07:53 AM

Placement of Quilt Label

I have recently completed my very first pieced quilt. It is for a very special young man who served in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan, and was pretty seriously injured. I'm an absolute "Rank Amateur" when it comes to placement of the label on the quilt. I know I've seen this discussed on this forum before, but I hoped a quick question might result in a quick answer.

I am not interested in placement as far as competition is concerned. I just want to put it on where it should go!

Thank you.

Bree123 07-31-2016 08:08 AM

There really isn't a single place where quilt labels must or should go. I put mine in the bottom right corner on the back. You can either machine stitch it prior to quilting or hand stitch it on (only going through the backing fabric) once its been quilted. If you sew it on prior to quilting, it will probably have stitching lines going through it... but some quilters prefer not to have to hand stitch.

What a wonderful gift that will make! Congrats on your first pieced quilt!

quiltingbuddy 07-31-2016 08:35 AM

Wow, it's great that you've finished your first quilt. Congrats! I too put my labels on the bottom right.

meyert 07-31-2016 10:16 AM

congrats on your quilt finish - and that is a kind thing you are doing. I put my labels either on the bottom right hand corner or centered on the bottom. I don't think there is wrong way to do it

ManiacQuilter2 07-31-2016 10:16 AM

I just always place it in the lower right corner but many of my quilts were in competition. You can place it anywhere even in the center if you want. Congrats on getting your first quilt done!

osewme 08-01-2016 05:40 PM

Don't ask me why but I generally put mine in the bottom left corner. Congrats on your first finished quilt. I would love to see a picture of it before you pass it on to that very special young man who I thank for his service to our country and pray for a quick recovery for him.

mamagrande 08-01-2016 08:32 PM

I always place mine on the lower left corner.. most of our guild is asked to place it on the lower left for the quilt show and every one is the same. A show or contest usually has rules on where the label is placed but for personal use you can place is anywhere.

The person receiving your quilt will love it no matter where the label is..just knowing that it was a labor of love.

Jeanette Frantz 08-01-2016 09:29 PM

Osewme, the quilt is posted in the "Pictures" topic, I think you can find it. It was not actually the first-ever quilt I've made, but it's the first "pieced block" quilt. For some reason, the browns and blues, together with the orange for the center square (representing the hearth of the 'cabin') just seem to "POP"!

Jeanette

osewme 08-02-2016 02:43 PM

I jumped over to pictures and found the quilt. It's beautiful. The colors go together so nicely. Thanks!

cathyvv 08-02-2016 08:31 PM

Ditto for me. i know the special person will love the quilt.