Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Planning a Quilting Pilgrimage/Road Trip (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/planning-quilting-pilgrimage-road-trip-t216933.html)

JustAbitCrazy 04-23-2013 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=Jennalyn;6021119] we have about 10 large bags of super quality quilting cottons sitting on the deck, waiting for us to go through and organize them. The embroidery machine is tucked safely in its case in my bedroom until we're done organizing. I have a giant tote of feet, add-on accessories, instruction manuals, embroidery designs, hoops, etc. all together. And the thread and notions... and a Rowenta iron... I'm just so overwhelmed in the best way possible. So nice of her husband and his new wife togive all her precious things to all of you. Enjoy making good use of it all in her honor. He's a wise man, and you'll think fondly of her every time you use any of those items as a result. Win, win situation for all concerned.

Jennalyn 04-23-2013 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 6021426)
If only you had visited 3 days earlier...so wasteful and unnecessary. Well, at least it wasn't all burned, and you got the rest. I'm sure your BFF smiles down on that. Make good use of it in her honor. (Whatever was he thinking??)

o_o Oh my goodness, that's crazy! I'm so glad that you were able to save some of her stash... so many years accumulating beautiful fabric, only for that to happen. So unfortunate. I'm sure it will make what you saved all the more precious, though.

ptquilts 04-23-2013 01:06 PM

If anyone burns or throws out my stash after I am gone, I will come back and HAUNT them!!!!

Cyn 04-23-2013 01:10 PM

I'm with ptquilts! Give my stuff away to someone who will appreciate it!!!

susie-susie-susie 04-23-2013 04:51 PM

I've already talked to my oldest daughter and told her that she needs to give my stash and books to someone who quilts. I would (I was going to say die--but I guess it would be too late for that) if it was just thrown away. What a waste. When I cleaned out my studio a few years ago, I gave away tons of fabric and about 4 boxes of books. I told my DD that it doesn't have to go to anyone that we know, just to a good home and to someone who will use it. Burning fabric is awful. I'm sure he didn't know what he was doing and how wasteful it was.
Sue

QandE2010 04-23-2013 05:52 PM

Jennalyn, I'm so excited for you. You'll be walking on clouds (or fabric.LOL) quite some time. Keep us posted on your progress of sorting and organizing. Then stop after awhile & create something fun. Enjoy!!

Jennalyn 04-23-2013 07:02 PM

Mom is currently trying to unpack and place fabric in the closet of her den. I've been sorting notions, machine parts, thread, rulers, and pretty much everything that isn't fabric. Hehe! Quite a frenzy. Good thing we both have a knack for organization... at least sorta.

I'll definitely snap a few in-progress shots and one of all the fabric when she finally has it. (Three bags unloaded, one in progress, and five to go... not counting some fabric gifts from Aunt Ruth in Nova Scotia. o__o)

Jennalyn 04-24-2013 05:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fabric is unpacked! And this is only the fabric inherited from Marion... not any of the fabric we already had or a few pieces that Aunt Ruth gave us before we left from our visit. It's almost paralyzing, how much there is and how lovely it is. We'll be organizing the den further to hopefully make more room for sewing...!

Also, a pic of my machine at work sewing away at a scrappy baby quilt. :P Because why not? She's a pretty lady.

DOTTYMO 04-24-2013 10:59 PM

Are you going ina lorry, with trailers or one car each.? I have a friend who annually goes to the potteries to purchase new china. There are. Usually 3 in the car and every year they leave clothes behind because they can't fit themselves and. Purchases into car.