Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please any input on Brother PQ1500S or Babylock Professional Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-any-input-brother-pq1500s-babylock-professional-quilter-t225111.html)

sewmagic 07-04-2013 07:27 AM

Please any input on Brother PQ1500S or Babylock Professional Quilter

I am considering buying either one of these machines. They are both made by brother. A lady in my quilt store was very happy with hers and even prefered it over the longarm quilter she has.
Just need some input from you pros and cons. Also if anyone doesn't like theirs what alternative would you choose.

Thanks
M.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 07-04-2013 07:39 AM

I have the PQ1500S and love it. I use it every day. I piece on it. I sew clothes on it. I quilt on it.

Of course, with any machine question, you will get dozens of suggestions for other machines. Remember to look at what you plan to do with it and your budget and do the best you can to meet your own needs.

crafty pat 07-04-2013 07:48 AM

I have a Brother that I bought as a back up machine and I turn to it more and more. I have made three quilts on it and loved the way they turned out. I think they are very good machines and I am going to buy a one that will do more soon.

SmickChick 07-04-2013 05:22 PM

The Brother PQ1500 has the pin on the bottom that helps feed the pieces thru..."pin feeding"... I love it! This machine is fantastic for piecing. Simple, straight piecing. No fancy stitches; if piecing is your game, this is a great machine.

franklindixie 07-04-2013 06:13 PM

I've had two BL Quilt Pro's (now currently known as Jane). GREAT machine. the BL comes with more attachments than the brother for the $. If you don't care about the attachments, it's the same machine. Love mine

snipforfun 07-04-2013 08:13 PM

Love love love my 1500. Have had it for about 10 years.

Peckish 07-04-2013 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6159048)
I have the PQ1500S and love it. I use it every day. I piece on it. I sew clothes on it. I quilt on it.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. Out of the 7 machines I own, it is my favorite.

nygal 07-05-2013 03:24 AM

I have the PQ1500S machine. The only thing I don't like about it is you cannot see the bobbin underneath to know when it is about to run out of thread. I bought it about a year ago and haven't used it very much yet. It is a heavy and sturdy machine that does stitch fast!! I bought it for quilting only. I still prefer my "every day" other Brother machine for all of my sewing needs.

nancysp 07-05-2013 03:54 AM

I also have one. It's a workhorse. My only 2 complaints are the bobbin can be tricky to get at and positioned correctly and the quilting foot that comes with the machine has a plastic piece that's difficult to see through. Make sure you check the pricing on Allbrands.com. They have super fast shipping and great pricing.

I mostly piece with my Brother, but use my Pfaff also. When I go from one to the other, it's a real difference! And I love both. The Brother is definitely an industrial type machine. It's a lot louder (bigger stronger heavy duty). But you just know that it will keep working no matter what you do. Also, accessory feet are limited. i just ordered a Juki quilt foot for mine. There's a great Yahoo group for this machine.

Phannie1 07-05-2013 04:01 AM

I really like my Brother machine. It has been a workhorse for me. I have quilted about 10 quilts on it and no problems. and for the price difference, I could not justivy spending more.