Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please Help...cannot find new line of Riley Blake fabric!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-help-cannot-find-new-line-riley-blake-fabric-t305487.html)

jojojo1970 06-29-2019 06:38 AM

Please Help...cannot find new line of Riley Blake fabric!!

Im frustrated and could use some help/suggestions. I have been waiting for the new line of Riley Blake..Penny Rose designer....Fabric called...Storytime 30s... to be released in June 2019. The website shows it coming out in precuts....but I cannot find it!!
One place had yardage for sale...so I know it has been released.

If anyone happens to stumble upon this..please...please let me know!! The Riley Blake site will not allow me to buy it direct....bummer!
Thank you all in advance!!

tallchick 06-29-2019 08:47 AM

Not all manufactures hit their anticipated release dates and it’s probably the case with this line as well.

QuiltingVagabond 06-29-2019 11:55 AM

I saw some for sale yesterday on SewItsForSale on Facebook.

SusieQOH 06-29-2019 12:14 PM

Have you checked Fat Quarter shop?

SusieQOH 06-29-2019 12:17 PM

Jolene, there is some on Etsy. I saw charm packs and layer cakes. There's more too. Hope you find what you want.

jojojo1970 06-30-2019 06:20 AM

T. hank you everyone....I did find it on Etsy after looking for Penny Rose Fabric instead of Riley Blake. Thanks again!

jojojo1970 06-30-2019 06:34 AM

I need to change the way I look for new fabric. Is it common for Etsy to have a new line of fabric before the bigger stores like Fat Quarter Shop? I found nothing about it on their site...not even a reservation option!
Thanks again! I always learn from this site!!

Onebyone 06-30-2019 06:39 AM

Anyone who buys directly from a fabric rep for the manufacturer can get the new lines as soon as it's available. Most shops buy from a distributor who orders the fabric line in bulk then sells it to shops so there is a wait time. Pre cuts are made only one time from a design line so when they are gone they are gone.

peaceandjoy 06-30-2019 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8271420)
Anyone who buys directly from a fabric rep for the manufacturer can get the new lines as soon as it's available. Most shops buy from a distributor who orders the fabric line in bulk then sells it to shops so there is a wait time. Pre cuts are made only one time from a design line so when they are gone they are gone.

Thank you, Onebyone, for that explanation. It makes sense. I, too, have wondered why I could get new lines from Etsy earlier than the large online shops.

Ariannaquilts 06-30-2019 03:01 PM

I saw that fabric at Quilt in a day earlier this week, don’t know if it’s still available but I know the price is probably better than on Etsy. Personally I only go to Etsy when I am looking for something older than current or just out.