Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please help me find this fabric! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-help-me-find-fabric-t277992.html)

Miranda Thud 04-23-2016 06:09 AM

Please help me find this fabric!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, I am new on here and am sending a message request for a fabric which is no longer made. My best friend handmade a beautiful tote bag for a holiday we went on this month. Venice, lovely! However, I was careless and managed to lose the bag on a waterbus.

We have phoned the lost property several times but like a friend stated, who'd give that in! (as she too has had a bag made for her by my best friend).

I feel absolutely gutted and would dearly love to find more of the fabric so she could make another bag and to ease my guilt I have felt ever since!

It was sold by Fabric Freedom in the UK and is called
Deco Delight Col 1 Blue Buds and the code for it is F760/01.

My best friend bought it some years back and would need around half a metre. I have attached a photo of the fabric. It would make my day and her's if either of us could purchase some from somewhere as the usual websites do not have it.

Many thanks for taking time to read this.

Regards
Caroline

Maggie_Sue 04-23-2016 06:18 AM

I cannot help with your search, but just wanted to say that fabric is beautiful. Good luck in your search!!!

tuckyquilter 04-23-2016 06:36 AM

Post this photo up on some of the quilt groups on Facebook. I was able to find something I needed more of on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Open Studio group. BUT put it on all quilting pages you can find. Wishing you luck.

Miranda Thud 04-23-2016 06:42 AM

Thank you Maggie_sue, yes it is beautiful.

Miranda Thud 04-23-2016 06:42 AM

Oooh thank you Jackie!

ManiacQuilter2 04-23-2016 06:53 AM

Very pretty fabric. I had never heard of the company before in the US. Good luck with your search.

Chasing Hawk 04-23-2016 07:04 AM

Good luck on your search. I hope nothing else important was lost along with the tote bag.

Miranda Thud 04-23-2016 07:10 AM

It was empty, did think about saying there was money in it to get more response from the lost prop people but I doubt if it would have worked! :D

Poppy Nut 04-23-2016 07:11 AM

Hi Jackie, thank you for the suggestion of quilt groups on facebook. I've just joined the Quiltville Open Studio. I have had trouble trying to find quilting groups and pages on facebook though and wondered if you could help me with any other names of groups please? I'm the person who made the lost bag by the way. Thanks again for your help
Ash

thimblebug6000 04-23-2016 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Poppy Nut (Post 7531058)
Hi Jackie, thank you for the suggestion of quilt groups on facebook. I've just joined the Quiltville Open Studio. I have had trouble trying to find quilting groups and pages on facebook though and wondered if you could help me with any other names of groups please? I'm the person who made the lost bag by the way. Thanks again for your help

Ash

I just googled "quilt groups on Facebook" and there are many listed, you just have to decide how many you would like to come through on your newsfeed. :D And good luck on your search, that is beautiful fabric.