Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Please Name Another Quilt Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-name-another-quilt-block-t287379.html)

red-warrior 04-09-2017 06:06 AM

I love your blocks! I thought it looked like inner light

shasta5718 04-09-2017 06:36 AM

Looks like a space station with ships in dock. Star station one.

Boston1954 04-09-2017 09:50 AM

Makes me think of butterflies.

salederer 04-09-2017 09:58 AM

I would name it Pansy.

crafty pat 04-09-2017 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 7800371)
Here we are again. I have been calling this one Flower just to have a title. I am not a gardener and know very little about flowers. I can tell the difference between a daisy and a violet but otherwise I'm pretty clueless. LOL I do know a few but not many. so I have no idea what kind of flower this looks like.
I will be posting the tutorial for this one May 8th. You'll find it in tutorials. Thanks everyone!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571181[/ATTACH]

That is what I thought at first sight. It looks like a clover leaf. I love it.

Rhonda 04-09-2017 11:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 7800969)
Rhonda...I love your creative mind when it comes to designing blocks but for me, some of them seem a little daunting to piece. I would love to see some of your blocks in a quilt that you've done as I'm sure I would get more motivated to try them. : )

(later) Silly me...I visited both your website and blog for the first time today where you graciously share patterns and tutorials for your blocks... and there is plenty of inspiration on both.

the trick is the quilt blocks look intricate but when you break it down the units are so easy to make. The intricate look happens when you sew the cut out squares together.

I'm sure if you try making one of my shortcut blocks you will find how easy they are. Just try making 4 blocks and sew them together. It is all about learning how to make a shortcut block. Once you have done that then the quilt blocks will make more sense to you and you will be able to see how they are put together.

Don't let the look fool you. they really aren't hard at all.

You can start small as in a Boston Star or Pinwheel
Once you learn to make the individual shortcut blocks then you can use them in so many different ways.
This is of course my Boston Block. check out the tute on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571248[/ATTACH]....... [ATTACH=CONFIG]571248[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571249[/ATTACH]....... [ATTACH=CONFIG]571250[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 04-09-2017 11:36 AM

If anyone wants to check out my tutorials or shortcuts you can click on my links in my signature and they will take you to my sections here on QB where all or most of my threads are listed.

JanieH 04-09-2017 12:07 PM

I really love your blocks, especially the short cuts. They are well thought out and your tutorials are great. And you share them with us - how very generous of you.

I really appreciate your kindness. I am collecting Kaffe Fasset fabric and hope to do them with that fabric.

Rhonda 04-09-2017 12:27 PM

Thank you Janie I'm glad you like what I offer.

quilting cat 04-09-2017 01:15 PM

I've never seen that block, but the first flower that comes to mind is "Sweet William".