Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Positive Remarks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/positive-remarks-t165127.html)

JenniePenny 11-03-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by GGJudy (Post 4627446)
Where can you find these preferences? In settings?

Hi GGJudy,
Yes, in the settings. I went to forum actions (in the teal menu bar) then general settings, which is the second option. Once you are in the settings, in the middle of the page there is something on default subscription choices. I can't remember the exact wording. Once you choose what setting you would like, click the Save changes button on the bottom of the settings page. It will be automatic after that. I hope this is helpful.

Tink's Mom 11-03-2011 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 4624515)
I don't handle change well....but, I will keep plugging away...
I may not be answering too many posts, but will be navigating this crazy new setup...until it becomes somewhat familiar.

Not willing to leave my friends just because I'm not willing to accept change.

WOOHOO!!! I knew if I kept working at it, I would figure out something...
You can customize some of your settings if you go to the upper right corner of the screen that says my profile. Then click on customize.

GGJudy 11-03-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny (Post 4627478)
Hi GGJudy,
Yes, in the settings. I went to forum actions (in the teal menu bar) then general settings, which is the second option. Once you are in the settings, in the middle of the page there is something on default subscription choices. I can't remember the exact wording. Once you choose what setting you would like, click the Save changes button on the bottom of the settings page. It will be automatic after that. I hope this is helpful.

Found it -- Went to settings first thing when new board went live and had no idea that's what subscriptions meant! :o

deemail 11-03-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom (Post 4625261)
I am wondering why everytime I try to post on the 'negative' thread, it says 'no thread found' but when I go to the 'positive' thread I can get on right away. This has happened more that once since this new format started up. If people want other members to give the board a chance, all the threads listed should be accessible to everyone.

thank you for noting this, i had the same experience... apparently we are all to be tolerated as long as we agree with them...

twinkle 11-03-2011 05:36 PM

Dee have you checked out the help section near the bottom of the Home page, lots of info there and there are video help guides here ...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/resourc...ideos-230.html

Original message still there and has been updated as people have asked questions, just click the links in the first post

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...A-t164085.html

Ask here or on there if you are stuck, someone will know the answer x

svenskaflicka1 11-03-2011 05:37 PM

the verdict is still out for me. i'm a computer junkie, but i really don't like some sites. it may take a few days of visiting for me to decide if this is doable for me or not. i'm in a place right now with a lot of outside stressors, and this is just one more irritant. i love learning, so i've loved this board, a lot. right now, i can't afford the time investment to learn all the nuances. i think i'll be lurking for a while. i can probably kiss that "regular user" title good-bye...

swimmom 11-03-2011 05:48 PM

I am so pleased to find "good comments" !!!

hspirit_99 11-03-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by deemail (Post 4627513)
thank you for noting this, i had the same experience... apparently we are all to be tolerated as long as we agree with them...

i was wondering the same thing. seems ok to have the positive thread but the negative one gets the axe. why????

are we not going to be allowed to vent on this new site. how very sad

GGJudy 11-03-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by deemail (Post 4627513)

Generally, removing posts from a board is considered a no no unless someone is breaking board rules. I really feel bad for many that feel lost and we could have helped them through this if their comments had remained. I also posted in a couple of threads my negative feelings about the need for all of this. I believe they too were deleted. Advertise yes -- but keep the board clean and simple. I firmly believe there will be an element of the membership lost because of this.

gale 11-03-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider (Post 4626032)
It was possibly more about all the other quilting message boards that were being recommended for members to move to. Why should they put up with that? It's always been against the rules.

Then why not make an announcement to not mention other boards (something that I have never seen on a board before. I realize they can have whatever rules they want but why not let members know??) or I'm sure with this new fancy schmancy software they can make it so that if *that* board is mentioned the word "censored" shows up instead. But to delete an entire thread like that is just wrong.

Like I said, it's less about board features for me now and more about the overmoderation and the rude people who are saying things like "if we lose a few whiners that's fine with me".