Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Power of The Quilter! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/power-quilter-t65927.html)

Edie 09-21-2010 01:25 AM

Well, yesterday afternoon I called up, at the instructions of the manager of Harbor Freight, to see about my carpet blades. "Boy, you women have really put us in a stew. There are no blades in the warehouse and none in any of the stores."
She told me to call back next Tuesday to see if the warehouse got any from wherever they come from, China, I guess! I told her I suppose the carpet layers were at JoAnn's picking up Olfa blades - 45mm!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine how strong we could be if we wanted a grocery store to lower the price on coffee or sugar or something by not buying it! We got dah powah!!!!!!! Edie

SueDor 09-21-2010 01:38 AM

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuziC 09-21-2010 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by SueDor
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!

denilynne 09-21-2010 04:47 AM

I was at habor freight Sunday and they were out of stock the guy told me he thinks there going to discontinue them as the warehouse is out of stock too, he says there going to come out with a different model of carpet cutter. What have we done lol. Are these guys getting wise to us quilters. You would think by the quilt shops and fabric stores would lower there prices on blades. Anyway i had to bite the bullet and buy one from joannes. $6.95 ouch. oh well what can we do, what can we do.

Edie 09-21-2010 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by denilynne
I was at habor freight Sunday and they were out of stock the guy told me he thinks there going to discontinue them as the warehouse is out of stock too, he says there going to come out with a different model of carpet cutter. What have we done lol. Are these guys getting wise to us quilters. You would think by the quilt shops and fabric stores would lower there prices on blades. Anyway i had to bite the bullet and buy one from joannes. $6.95 ouch. oh well what can we do, what can we do.

My Mom gave me a blade sharpener and it does seem to work ok, no complaints yet. Also someone wrote in here once that if you just flip the blade you still have the other side to cut with. Makes perfect sense to me. I'll just keep cutting with what I have til I can't cut any more and then I'll check and see, unless Harbor gets them in and if they do, at that point, I will still get them for $1.49 a two-pack!

I am going to be spending most of the day picking up branches, mowing up leaves. We had a doozie of a storm last night. Actually, I have been awake since 1:00 AM, couldn't get back to sleep, so I have been quilting away and listening to a really good book - "Rhett Butler's People". Edie

Colbaltjars62 09-21-2010 05:28 AM

Harbor freight isn't supposed to get any blades in til after the 1st of October. There has been no mention of discontinuing them. There are at least 3 other threads here on the subject, I do know that the price went up to $1.99 in some areas.

adyldrop 09-21-2010 05:48 AM

found a harbor freight in hempstead LI but i can't tell if it's a new one unopened or went outta buisness...it's killing me i wanna know!!!

Kas 09-21-2010 01:15 PM

Well, I use the 60mm blade so it doesn't help me any to find the cheap blades. Maybe they are going to go with a larger carpet cutter so I can score the bargains!

grammyj 09-21-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Edie
Well, yesterday afternoon I called up, at the instructions of the manager of Harbor Freight, to see about my carpet blades. "Boy, you women have really put us in a stew. There are no blades in the warehouse and none in any of the stores."
She told me to call back next Tuesday to see if the warehouse got any from wherever they come from, China, I guess! I told her I suppose the carpet layers were at JoAnn's picking up Olfa blades - 45mm!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine how strong we could be if we wanted a grocery store to lower the price on coffee or sugar or something by not buying it! We got dah powah!!!!!!! Edie

POWER TO DAH PEOPLE !!!

tjradj 09-21-2010 02:42 PM

Up here in the great white north (ha ha) the going rate for Olfa blades is more like $12. I'll take the $6.95 anytime!