Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Prairie Points (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/prairie-points-t5289.html)

DebJ 03-16-2008 01:40 PM

What is the type of quilt do you think is best for putting prairie points on? I have never made any and I have been wanting to try them on something. I saw Shadows totes and the fall colors one had some, it was lovely. Of course I liked all the totes, but that was what caused me to come up with this question. What kind of quilt does prairie points work best on? :?

Rebecca Chambley 03-16-2008 01:59 PM

I'm no authority, And I dance to my own tune, But I did'nt know there was a specific quilt to use prarie points on, or a rule to follow. I have and will use prarie points when the mood strikes me. I just finished a Mothers Day quilt, that I used prarie points on. And it turned out beautiful, Not just my opinion. Freedom is one of the perks of quilting,,,,,Do as you want and dance to your own tune.

tlrnhi 03-16-2008 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca Chambley
I'm no authority, And I dance to my own tune, But I did'nt know there was a specific quilt to use prarie points on, or a rule to follow. I have and will use prarie points when the mood strikes me. I just finished a Mothers Day quilt, that I used prarie points on. And it turned out beautiful, Not just my opinion. Freedom is one of the perks of quilting,,,,,Do as you want and dance to your own tune.

How about a picture???

Rebecca Chambley 03-16-2008 02:36 PM

I am pleased you asked: I'm excited to share this. I've been on this forum for quiet sometime, This is the second time, I've had to register, since I moved and had to sign up again. I have never been able to post pictures, I've not had the capabilities. But as recentley as today, my son, gave me my B'day gift to day. It's my own web site, There are a few things that he has to add to it, before I'm ready to post my address, and share my quilts. But this is one of the first places I will post my address. And it will be within the next couple of days. So please bear with me.
Thanks for asking.

Celeste 03-16-2008 02:39 PM

YEEEHAAA! Looking forward to the site!

quilt_mommy_2001 03-17-2008 02:07 PM

I'm sure there are many quilts that look wonderful with prairie points...but I did see a sampler of traditional blocks like churn dash, jacob's ladder, and blocks like those made of 30's repro's. The border and sashing were all white muslin and it just looked great with scrappy prairie points all around it made using the same fabrics in the blocks.

I like prairie points for baby quilts, or smaller quilts with a wide solid border...it's a great way to bring color out to the edge without using a binding! :)

vicki reno 03-18-2008 07:02 AM

I think they would look good no matter what. No quilt police, so do your own thing!

Karenmay 03-18-2008 09:18 AM

Looking forward to it Rebecca!!

Karen

MelissaK 03-18-2008 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a baby quilt w/ them. Came out beautiful!

Nina 03-18-2008 03:22 PM

I'mm planning to use prairie points on my tumbling blocks quilt that I am trying to quilt right not.

I think they look great on anything.