Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pre-Cut Fabric pieces Names (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pre-cut-fabric-pieces-names-t25065.html)

Butterflyspain 09-05-2009 09:20 AM

Well I didnīt know a few of these, so thought you might like this info I got from a magazine.
CHARM PACKS: pre-cut packs of 5" square
JELLY ROLLS : (USA name for Swiss Roll in England) Packs of 2 1/2" wide x width of fabric in strips.
LAYER CAKES : Packs of 10" squares
HONEY BUNS : Introduced by Moda, coordinated strips of 1 1/2" x width of fabric.
TURNOVERS: Packs of triangles precut diagonally rom 6" squares
BALI POPS : From Hoffman these are jelly rolls cut from Bali fabrics
SWEET 16s: These are 1/16" yard cuts of fabric measuring 9" x 11" (Thats what it said, this one didnīt make sense to me either, had to read it twice)
SWEET ROLLS: 5 1/2" wide strips x width of fabric
TWICE THE CHARM: 5 1/2" strips x approx 22" from RJR Fabric Manuf.. Number in pack also varies depending on the theme or fabric.
COLORWRAPS: Packs of 7" squares, introduced by Hoffman based on its 1895 collection

Now I think I know what I am looking at better, hope it helps.

Elle

SulaBug 09-05-2009 09:37 AM

Thank you for the wonderful
explanation of all these fabric
terms!! :D What a thoughtful
thing for you to do for all of us.
:D :D :D :D :D

Butterflyspain 09-05-2009 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Thank you for the wonderful
explanation of all these fabric
terms!! :D What a thoughtful
thing for you to do for all of us.
:D :D :D :D :D

Thank you Sulabug, my pleasure. I find these names facinating and wonder just who thinks them up.
Elle

katier825 09-05-2009 10:58 AM

Thanks! Another thing to keep in mind is that the packs vary in quantity. You have to read carefully to be sure you are getting what you think you are getting, especially on ebay. :)

Judy Gail 09-05-2009 11:11 AM

I think "Sweet 16s" are half of a fat eigth.

Judy

Butterflyspain 09-05-2009 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Judy Gail
I think "Sweet 16s" are half of a fat eigth.

Judy

Yes i think thats itm but it made me think twice. Its not a lot is it LOL

Butterflyspain 09-05-2009 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
Thanks! Another thing to keep in mind is that the packs vary in quantity. You have to read carefully to be sure you are getting what you think you are getting, especially on ebay. :)

I thought that too, I think you need the various labels that different manufacturer put out.

Elle

Boston1954 09-05-2009 12:52 PM

Sometimes the post title can be deceiving. I was thinking Joe, or Sam and things like that. Silly me.

greenfairy 09-05-2009 12:57 PM

You got my attention! I love pre-cuts. I'm addicted to them, and can't stop buying them. They are so fun!!!

Prism99 09-05-2009 05:47 PM

Someone (here, I think) asked about Saltines awhile back. Don't think anyone answered. Having thought about it for awhile, I am wondering if Saltines might be those little 2-inch by 2-inch fabric samples you can sometimes get for a fabric line or swatch set. Anyone heard of Saltines???