Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pressure Feet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pressure-feet-t197307.html)

Artistrix 08-11-2012 06:55 AM

Pressure Feet

I have a Kenmore machine with all the snap on pressure feet. I am looking to get a new machine such as the Janome Horizon. Does anyone know if I could still utilize all of my snap on feet for this machine?

debquilts2 08-11-2012 07:13 AM

I think you can take them with you when looking at a machine and try them out

debquilts2 08-11-2012 07:14 AM

love love love my horizon just got it a week ago and just love it

SHELTIE'SMAMA 08-11-2012 08:30 AM

I have puchased numerous feet from places like sewing machines plus and when you look up feet by brand and scroll down it will usually give a list of all the machines that that foot will go on. Do it backwards by looking up the feet you have and see what else they will fit. Just ordered bobbins for a new machine this morning and the same thing held true for this. This time I went thru e-bay and that's a good way to come up with dealers too. There are a lot of after market products that are the real deal and significantly less expensive than hitting the notions centers in the stores.

woody 08-11-2012 02:21 PM

The horizon already comes with 17 different feet as standard accessories, the only one I have bought as an extra was the 1/4 inch accufeed foot.

Mitch's mom 08-12-2012 04:26 AM

If your Kenmore has a 385. prefix before the model number is was made by Janome.

romanojg 08-12-2012 09:36 AM

I have a Kenmore with snap on and when I got my machine book out to order more feet. They all came with Janome stamped on them. That's when I found out my machine was actually a Janome. You might take them with you when you check out a machine to be sure but I would assume they'd fit.

Artistrix 08-16-2012 03:31 PM

My machine does have a 385 in front of the model#. Thanks for the advice on taking the feet with me to try them on the machine. With the Horizon coming with 17 feet, I may end up with duplicates..

spokanequilter 08-16-2012 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by woody (Post 5434131)
The horizon already comes with 17 different feet as standard accessories, the only one I have bought as an extra was the 1/4 inch accufeed foot.

Ditto this - It comes with so many feet you can hardly use them all. I did buy the 1/4 inch accufeed foot and also a regular foot with a 1/4 inch guide on the side for piecing. The Janome feet are extremely reasonable in price compared to other brands.

I love the Janome machine - particularly because it has an 11 inch throat space - great for FMQ and in-the-ditch...

QuiltnLady1 08-17-2012 04:45 PM

I have the Horizon -- I have bought several feet -- stitch-in-the-ditch, open toe and 1/4" accufeed and the ruffler, circle attachment, ... The regular (non-accufeed) feet do snap on but I don't know enough about the mechanics to know if any snapon foot will work on the Horizon.