Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pretend this isn't a stupid question! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pretend-isnt-stupid-question-t74109.html)

littlehud 11-03-2010 06:23 PM

I love Connecting Threads thread. I see they just came out with some new colors. I use the neutrals for piecing and love it for quilting too. Try it out.

quiltnmom 11-03-2010 06:28 PM

I just got my first order of Connecting Threads thread and I love it! So far I am just a pleased with it as I have been with the more expensive metrosene. I've ordered more today.

Katia 11-03-2010 07:49 PM

Just placed anorder at Connecting threads a bit ago and ordered the black and whites set, but it is back ordered at the moment. But you can still order just a black or just a white. That is what I ended up doing, plus a couple of light neutrals. It was fun trying to get right to that 50 dollar mark so I got free shipping. Then I had to do it all over again when the black and white set came up back ordered. Oh the troubles we have, LOL.

purplefiend 11-03-2010 07:54 PM

The Essentials thread is great, I've been using it since they brought it out. I use it for both machine quilting and piecing.

nativetexan 11-03-2010 07:55 PM

speaking of Essential threads, i bought some smaller ones. not the large cones. i used one on my vertical thread holder (the one i use when i fill bobbins) and it worked all right but i'd like to FMQ. can i FMQ with that on the vertical holder? or do i have to put in on the holder on my machine table? I know i've used it before for FMQ but can't remember. criss crossed threads, etc. always confuse me

purplefiend 11-03-2010 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
speaking of Essential threads, i bought some smaller ones. not the large cones. i used one on my vertical thread holder (the one i use when i fill bobbins) and it worked all right but i'd like to FMQ. can i FMQ with that on the vertical holder? or do i have to put in on the holder on my machine table? I know i've used it before for FMQ but can't remember. criss crossed threads, etc. always confuse me

Yes you can FMQ with it on the vertical spool pin, I use it on my Viking Sapphire.

teacherbailey 11-04-2010 02:32 AM

I never, ever use anything but Coats and Clark Double Duty for piecing. Never had any problems of any kind, not with cottons, flannels, fleece or the occasional weird fabric used for Halloween costumes when the kids were little. Never tried any from anywhere else since I have no reason to!

Kyiav10 11-04-2010 03:23 AM

Don't put hand quilting thread through the machine. It will gum it up.

Kyia

Mamagus 11-04-2010 03:34 AM

My Janome HATES Coats and Clark thread so I was wary about buying the Connecting Threads thread, but not anymore. I have bought three large cones, Natural, White and Cornsilk and use one of them in ALL my piecing and bobbins. I save the coloured threads for topstitching FMQ, applique, etc.

There is a fair bit of lint from the thread when you sew and vacuuming or brushing out the bobbin case is really important but it is is 100% cotton and not polyester!

CarrieAnne 11-04-2010 03:49 AM

I LOVE there stuff!!!!!!!