Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Printers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/printers-t26178.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 09-28-2009 03:49 PM

I have an Epson Photo R200. It prints on fabric just fine. We've done LOTS of iron-ons over the years.

joeyoz 09-28-2009 04:39 PM

I have the HP Photosmart C4480 and the ink is a whole lot cheaper than my last HP printer. I go to the HP website and buy their super sized ink cartridges when they are on sale or I buy it at Costco when they have thier coupons. It's also pretty cheap at WalMart. I buy the XL size. Has like 3 times as much ink.

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
I have never done photo fabric yet.
Just wanted to vent about my printer, the HP Photosmart C4280, It gobbles up ink like crazy and costs a fortune to keep replacing or refilling.
It has a very small cartridge but costs as much as printers with larger cartridges. Dont buy one of these.

butterflywing 09-28-2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
I have an Epson Photo R200. It prints on fabric just fine. We've done LOTS of iron-ons over the years.

me too. CX4800. works just fine.

Debbie1 09-28-2009 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Maribeth
PatriceJ: I have that printer, just purchased it at Staples, wanted to do some larger prints for my DH initially. But, wow the ink was expensive, almost another $125. I think the printer was on sale for $288. Good to know it is the same one you are using, makes me feel like I know what I am doing.

Debbie: If I understand you, when using the Printed Treasures type fabric sheets, I don't need to Bubble Jet Set, just Bubble Jet Rinse?

That's correct, I didn't have the use the bubble jet set because it's already treated.

quilter2 09-28-2009 08:16 PM

I have a HP DeskJet 895Cse ink jet printer. I buy the Printed Treasures fabric sheets for Inkjet Printers, packet includes 5 - 8.5 X 11 sheets. Very easy to use, I have done photos, this is how I make my labels, just follow directions for fabric sheets. So far no problems and they have been washed and dryed and turned out fine.

Deecee 09-28-2009 08:24 PM

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX 430 (4 years old). It has 4 individual cartridges $A16.00 each. I have been using it successfully with injet printable fabric - Matilda's Own and Printed Treasures. They only need to be rinsed in clean water after printing. They work so well I have used them in two wedding memories quilts for my kids.

redrummy 09-28-2009 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by BarbS
Thanks for your information. Does anyone have a printer that they use for this that they would recommend?

I have an epson, I researched and all I found said epson ink hold best, I tried it and agree. I made 2 photo quilts (printing on Crafters Images Photo Fabric from JoAnns) using my HP printer before it died. When I rinsed per the directions, alot of ink came out. The sheets are ready to use, no soaking in solution needed. I bought an Epson printer, I printed the wrong pic on one so I washed it to check for colorfastness. it held up so much better!!! I have made 3 photo quilts using the Epson poto rx595 printer. The only problem I have found is you must put one sheet in at a time. They jam if you try to put 2 in.

Deecee 09-28-2009 08:31 PM

I have a book which recommends the Epsom as have the best colourfastness also. You can also enlarge your photos in sections, print each section on a separate fabric sheet and join them together to make poster size prints for your quilt. I haven't tried this yet.

BarbS 09-29-2009 07:23 AM

Thank you all sooo much for your opinions....great information.

Barb

sharon b 09-29-2009 07:36 AM

I have the HP 3650 ( I think , it was just a cheapy ! ) and use the EQ printable sheets and have had no problems. You just print on the fabric and then soak for 10 minutes and they are done :lol:

If you look in avatar that is one quilt I made using this method
Sharon