Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   printing photos on fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/printing-photos-fabric-t126656.html)

gammieju 05-30-2011 04:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Several months ago I showed some photos of a memory quilt I was making for GS and GDIL using their photos and also I gave information on how to make these photos permanent, well I finally finished the top. Haven't quilted it yet, but here are the photos of finished top.The strips are straight but the way I hung it to take the photos of the quilt makes them look crooked. These photos will not WASH OUT EVER. It has taken me a long time to get this far with the quilt because my husband had to have a total hip replacement and had some complications following the surgery. Then school got out and I keep 2 grandchildren (7 & 9). It has been a tough few months am hoping things slow down and I can get the quilt quilted. If I were to redesign this top I would not have made th W under the photos like I did. The S in the L top corner is GDIL first initial and the C in R top corner is GS first initial and the W under the photos is First last name initial. AS a matter of fact there are several things I would change, but I love how the photos turned out.

the quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204164[/ATTACH]

combined photo of them as babies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204165[/ATTACH]

closeup of photos
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204166[/ATTACH]

sewhat540 05-30-2011 04:50 AM

Your quilt is just beautiful. I understand that you want to take out the letters and if they are not fused on then, as long as you have more of that fabric left you should be able to remove it. Fusing, not sure about that but either way, I am sure it will turn out great. I have to learn how to fuse pix to fabric, that is a challenge for me. Hope to see it again, completely done.

mtspools 05-30-2011 05:19 AM

It's beautiful :thumbup: :thumbup:

btiny36 05-30-2011 05:35 AM

Wow Great job...It is beautiful :thumbup:

alikat110 05-30-2011 08:07 AM

Great quilt

dash2000lbs 05-30-2011 08:14 AM

It is gorgeous!!

earlylace 05-30-2011 09:00 AM

is there a link to how to make the pic permament so they never wash out? thanks

ontheriver 05-30-2011 09:09 AM

What a great keepsake. Beautiful work.

amma 05-30-2011 09:41 AM

What a beautiful quilt! Your DGs are going to love and treasure it :D:D:D

lwbuchholz 05-30-2011 11:19 AM

I would love to read your original post. I am trying to make photos permanent on a quilt and Have tried everything I can think of and would like to know how you did it.
Lynda

Originally Posted by gammieju
Several months ago I showed some photos of a memory quilt I was making for GS and GDIL using their photos and also I gave information on how to make these photos permanent, well I finally finished the top. Haven't quilted it yet, but here are the photos of finished top.The strips are straight but the way I hung it to take the photos of the quilt makes them look crooked. These photos will not WASH OUT EVER. It has taken me a long time to get this far with the quilt because my husband had to have a total hip replacement and had some complications following the surgery. Then school got out and I keep 2 grandchildren (7 & 9). It has been a tough few months am hoping things slow down and I can get the quilt quilted. If I were to redesign this top I would not have made th W under the photos like I did. The S in the L top corner is GDIL first initial and the C in R top corner is GS first initial and the W under the photos is First last name initial. AS a matter of fact there are several things I would change, but I love how the photos turned out.