Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Priority (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/priority-t37662.html)

skpkatydid 02-22-2010 03:17 PM

How do you prioritize your projects?

Barbm 02-22-2010 03:33 PM

who yells loudest. :)

Marjpf 02-22-2010 03:33 PM

Usually I do what ever I want when I want, but since I got a long arm for Christmas, I am making lap quilts for everyone in the family (extended, too), so that's about 15 all together. I am getting those done first, because I know if I don't, I'll be having too much fun playing with all the next projects in my head (and set aside in the sewing room). It is also a very good way for me to get a bit more proficient on the long arm. Next will be chair cushions for my daughter, then the bargello I've been wanting to do for the last six months.

Oklahoma Suzie 02-22-2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
Usually I do what ever I want when I want, but since I got a long arm for Christmas, I am making lap quilts for everyone in the family (extended, too), so that's about 15 all together. I am getting those done first, because I know if I don't, I'll be having too much fun playing with all the next projects in my head (and set aside in the sewing room). It is also a very good way for me to get a bit more proficient on the long arm. Next will be chair cushions for my daughter, then the bargello I've been wanting to do for the last six months.

I do what has to get done for others first, and then I do what I want to do

lots2do 02-22-2010 03:43 PM

Good question...I've been wrestling with this over the past few days.

skpkatydid 02-22-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do
Good question...I've been wrestling with this over the past few days.

Me too.

athenagwis 02-22-2010 04:41 PM

I have 6 quilts in the piecing stage, 2 quilts in the quilting stage, and I am working on blocks for one swap. The one I work on is the one that strikes my fancy when I sit down at the sewing machine. None of them are for anyone else, so there is no rush to finish one before the others. So sometimes I'll do a few rows of quilting, then the next time I sit, I may pp a few blocks for one quilt, then the next time strip piece for another. I love working on multiple projects as nothing gets boring!! Though it would be nice to actually finish one LOL

Cheers!
Rachel

Jim's Gem 02-22-2010 04:58 PM

What needs to get done and out the door first!!
Sometimes what calls my name the most. I love to start new projects!!

tkhooper 02-22-2010 05:04 PM

Well I'm working on one, which is a sampler since I'm a new quilter I need to do this first so I know how to do the different techniques. While I'm at it I'm buying the fabric for the next one as I find the fabrics I want. That one is part of a 3 geisha panel. While I'm getting the fabric for the first geisha I'm designing the second so that come fall I'll know approximately what I want for the second geisha. Then it will be on to the third. That set will make window quilts for my sewing room to make it warmer and more inspiring. After that comes the over the mantle wall hanging because it is bare there right now while I patch holes and get ready to paint it. So I want the wall hanging ready to hang once I get the work done.

So how do I Prioritize? I guess I do it on a need basis. Once I get past that it will be on a first come first serve basis with the occasional one jumping ahead of the others because of material availability.

I sound like I spent way to many years in business before I retired don't I?

MadQuilter 02-22-2010 06:36 PM

Lately by swap deadline.