Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Problem with my Husqvarna Mega Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/problem-my-husqvarna-mega-quilter-t263505.html)

dohogn3764 04-02-2015 04:48 PM

Problem with my Husqvarna Mega Quilter

I have a recently purchased (used) a Husqvarna Mega Quilter. It is a super machine and does a great job piecing.
I bought a walking foot and I have been fighting for a month to get the walking foot working with the feed dogs.
I have adjust the presser foot pressure every way that it can be adjusted. The stitches top and bottom are
perfect, but the feed dogs gather the backing fabric and top is ok. The feed dogs don't look damaged. I am
wondering if I have the wrong walking foot. The walking foot is metal, but the moving part is plastic. If any of you
have a mega quilter and know what my problem is I would be grateful for any help. I have redone my quilt because of this three times before I figured out that it is nothing that I am doing. The last time I put it in
my Singer 2010 with a walking foot and it did a great job. The Mega Quilter has a larger throat space and that is why I bought it and the walking foot. Thank you

sewingsuz 04-02-2015 04:54 PM

Maybe it is the walking foot. Is there a repair Man you can take the foot to and ask if it is the correct one. I am so sorry you are having trouble. It is very time consuming and frustrating.

dohogn3764 04-02-2015 05:26 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. I ordered it from a Husqvarna dealer, but I am really wondering if it is the right
one or if there is a problem with it. My dealer is 45 miles away but I am so frustrated that I am probably making
a trip to the dealer soon.

k_jupiter 04-02-2015 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz (Post 7151313)
Maybe it is the walking foot. Is there a repair Man you can take the foot to and ask if it is the correct one. I am so sorry you are having trouble. It is very time consuming and frustrating.

A repair man, a fix it man, any kinda man! That's what I am talking about.

Oh... you were talking a about walking feet. I suspect something is stripped inside the walking foot itself as they are supposed to keep time with the feed dawgs and it's not that complicated. When you move the lever up and down does the upper presser foot move? You do see my walking feet don't you? tim in san jose

dohogn3764 04-02-2015 06:08 PM

That's cute! I do see your walking feet. After the ordeal that I have had with this quilt, I need cute.
The plastic on the bottom of this walking foot is what is bothering me. I feel like in order to pull
with these metal feed dogs, the walking foot should a metal moving part. I don't know. I am at
my wits in. Thank you for replying. I am not giving up. This quilt is for my four year old GD

notmorecraft 04-02-2015 10:34 PM

I have a Ruby Royale and the walking foot sounds the same with plastic on the underneath, between the outside prongs of the toes of the foot? mine works beautifully with no need to adjust pressure or feed dogs. Are you making sur the foot is on correctly? If so I think the problem is with the walking foot.

mermaid 04-03-2015 02:01 AM

As asked above, are you sure you've installed it correctly? You know the lever on the right goes over top of the screw that holds the needle? Or maybe your W foot has a claw like lever that your needle clamp screw goes in between? Your problem sounds like it is not connected right. Yet you obviously know how to install as you use a W foot on your Singer. I bought a generic (my bad) for my Elna 7100 (quilter) and it would not move either layer of fabric. I totally wasted money on a piece of junk--it just sat there and would not move. So I then bit the bullet and bought the expensive one made for my machine....voila! love it. Hope you get your money back or repair.

Homespun 04-03-2015 06:43 AM

I use a hopping foot on mine to FMQ. But mine is on a frame...you didn't say about yours...

thimblebug6000 04-03-2015 06:56 AM

I have the Lily 540 and the Sapphire 870 and they require different walking feet. when you attach the walking foot the moving parts should align with the feed dogs. the Lily 540 feed dogs are much narrower than the Sapphire, maybe you do have the wrong foot for your model? I did try to make-do with just the one foot but it wouldn't pull the fabrics through properly. Hope that's all that your problem is.

Pat M. 04-03-2015 11:31 AM

I have the same machine and it takes the Husqvarna Viking Mega Foot. Got it at Sewingmachinesplus.com
Description: Walking Foot XA7253001 for High Shank Straight Stitch Machines. You must have the sewing machine settings at: Thread tension 4-5, Stitch length 2-4, Foot pressure 3-5. Speed control slide to the left position. Sew Slow.