Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Project List (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/project-list-t173848.html)

ksdot417 12-31-2011 08:03 AM

Project List

Does anyone else make lists of projects they want to finish? Last year, with the help of my quilty buddies, I made a list of the top 10 sewing related things I wanted to accomplish. Of the 10 items on the list one quilt is ready for quilting and another has 2 borders and then it will be ready for quilting. Everything else was finished. In my defense though, I couldn't sew much for 4 months while our house was torn apart.

This year I have already put together a list of my awaiting projects and a few ongoing things (sewing room organization, there's really no end to it). I have found that having a list of things on a dry erase board helps keep me focused on what I want to get finished. And the feeling of satisfaction is wonderful when you get to check something off the list.

polly13 12-31-2011 08:35 AM

I guess I can just reach into the cupboard and pull one out, I have so many. My biggest problem is I start them and then see how they are going to look so end up starting another to see how that will look. Or I will want to make something special for someone and not get it finished in time so go on to another. I must start and continue to the finished product before I reach in for another.

auntpiggylpn 12-31-2011 09:15 AM

I think I need a dry erase board too! I try to keep what I need to get done in my head and I keep the projects out in the open so I see them often but it doesn't get them done!

dixie_fried 12-31-2011 09:37 AM

I don't have a dry erase board...more of an inspiration board where I pin pictures/scraps of things I'm working on. When they are done, I take the picture/scrap down and save it in an envelope.

Some have been hanging a while...

jaciqltznok 12-31-2011 09:51 AM

you all need to join our UFO finishing group for the year! http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...a-t171904.html

Becky Crafts 12-31-2011 10:02 AM

I keep a running tally in my head & often change the due by date on a project to fit something else in, but I just keep going all year 'round because our family is so big, we make all our gifts which have to be shipped by December to get there in time. Right now, I'm working on 4 wolf panels, but after this 2nd one is done I need a break, so I'm going to make the Christmas Silhouette panel I wanted to make us for this Christmas & never got there. Then, I can finish the other two wolves a bit refreshed.

JUNEC 12-31-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by polly13 (Post 4827294)
I guess I can just reach into the cupboard and pull one out, I have so many. My biggest problem is I start them and then see how they are going to look so end up starting another to see how that will look. Or I will want to make something special for someone and not get it finished in time so go on to another. I must start and continue to the finished product before I reach in for another.

Boy, I wonder if we are related???? I do thes same thing.

sewbeadit 12-31-2011 02:00 PM

I need to make a list or I forget and then start making something else, not getting what I wanted finished. So a list it is or else.

SouthPStitches 12-31-2011 02:05 PM

Just this year I picked up a spiral note book at the local dollar store and started a bucket list. Ideas of quilts I want to make; possible patterns, colors, and for whom. As time goes on, I will check off the ones I make and scratch off some of the others wondering what the heck was I thinking of when I put that down.

Scissor Queen 12-31-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ksdot417 (Post 4827206)
Does anyone else make lists of projects they want to finish? Last year, with the help of my quilty buddies, I made a list of the top 10 sewing related things I wanted to accomplish. Of the 10 items on the list one quilt is ready for quilting and another has 2 borders and then it will be ready for quilting. Everything else was finished. In my defense though, I couldn't sew much for 4 months while our house was torn apart.

This year I have already put together a list of my awaiting projects and a few ongoing things (sewing room organization, there's really no end to it). I have found that having a list of things on a dry erase board helps keep me focused on what I want to get finished. And the feeling of satisfaction is wonderful when you get to check something off the list.

I lost a lot of sewing time last year and this year (it's still this year for an other 6.5 hours!) due to moving. What a pain!! Anyway, since I have a nice big, mostly organized sewing room now I sorted the most pressing UFOs into the Art Bins and ordered them in from soonest to latest deadlines. Even after doing that I've shuffled them a couple of times because oldest DGD joined the Air Force and won't need hers for at least 6 months and then friends of ours finally had a baby so a baby quilt goes to the top of the pile.