Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which project to start next??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/project-start-next-t225899.html)

Stitch124 07-15-2013 05:20 PM

Which project to start next???

I have so many projects I want to do and not sure which one to start on next now that my current project is almost finished. Up to now, they've kinda just presented themselves based on a specific timeframe. Now I have some time to think about it, I don't know what to do next.

How do you decide which project is next when you have time to think about it?

Stitch124

jollyquilting 07-15-2013 05:51 PM

Sometimes I try a little kit, and sometimes I just make four patches for some time in the future. (I love four patches)

Lori S 07-15-2013 05:54 PM

When ever I can't make up my mind on a big project .. I do small ones , table runners , potholders and by the time I am finished with one or two .. something kicks in and the next big one becomes clear.

DebraK 07-15-2013 06:12 PM

whenever I can't make up my mind, I play with scraps. maybe try a new block or technique. Make grocery bags and potholders for gifts. just putter.

mighty 07-15-2013 06:36 PM

I do a small project to get myself going!

DOTTYMO 07-15-2013 10:42 PM

I have a box with scraps pieces of paper with name of a pattern plus where to find it. Close eyes hand in and pick one must admit I do sometimes put it back and try again. It rarely happens, I usually have 3/4 projects on the go all at different stages and I machine and hand work. Do you have a bucket list of projects you want to do? Also a walk over fabric in a shop or on line a piece may inspire. Or have a look at free patterns.
I have more quilt I have on my lists than time to do.

GrannieAnnie 07-15-2013 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 (Post 6179508)
I have so many projects I want to do and not sure which one to start on next now that my current project is almost finished. Up to now, they've kinda just presented themselves based on a specific timeframe. Now I have some time to think about it, I don't know what to do next.

How do you decide which project is next when you have time to think about it?

Stitch124

Lately I've been trying to make personal sized quilts for ailing members of our parish. Our prayer chain more of less dictates who's next on the rag quilt list.

sewbeadit 07-16-2013 01:07 AM

I sew strips together for string quilts until I can get a clue as to what I want to do next. Put those blocks in a pile until I have enough to work into a quilt.

schoolteacher 07-16-2013 03:59 AM

If I've finished a project whereby I have had to use a little brain power (?), I usually do an easier pattern to build up my brain cells.

Raggiemom 07-16-2013 04:30 AM

Depends on what type of project I just finished. If it was a big one, I do something simple and small. If it was small projects, I'm more likely to start another quilt. But usually it's not an issue--I generally know what I want to work on next.