Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Proposed Ga Meet-ups!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/proposed-ga-meet-ups-t145315.html)

QuiltE 08-23-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
Hi everyone and greetings from the creator of Head over Heels! painted shoe quilt!! I have to deliver my Head over Heels! quilt (55 miles away) on Sept. 11. Then I am going for the Awards Ceremony where they announce winners on Sept. 15. Another 100 mile round trip to pick up my quilt on Sunday Sept 18 after 5 pm. I really would love to stand around my quilt to see what people say behind my back and the most practical time to do that would be Sunday afternoon. So I guess that's when I'll be there.

I will be at the Georgia Quilt show...name your day And I'll go to that one. And, I would love to go to Scarlet Threads in November.

Count me in as one who'd love to be standing around to see your reactions as you hear/see others enjoying your quilt. hhmmmmm? anyway you can tell them "You too can have Head Ove Heels quilt. Talk to me about my fabric I have for sale!!" :lol:

greenini 08-24-2011 05:27 AM

Ga's interested in these get togethers. Could you each pick a date for any of the meetings you want to attend and post it here? I need to get a sense of what the best date would be and what seemed to work best the last time was for everyone to give me a date and I picked the date the most people could come!
Thanks!! and looking forward to meeting more of you.

Jeannie: Sun nite would be great for me and how does maybe going out to dinner once you've collected Head over Heels sound to everyone? I don't know the area so maybe some one from there could suggest a close eating place?

quilting.addict 08-24-2011 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
Ga's interested in these get togethers. Could you each pick a date for any of the meetings you want to attend and post it here? I need to get a sense of what the best date would be and what seemed to work best the last time was for everyone to give me a date and I picked the date the most people could come!
Thanks!! and looking forward to meeting more of you.

Jeannie: Sun nite would be great for me and how does maybe going out to dinner once you've collected Head over Heels sound to everyone? I don't know the area so maybe some one from there could suggest a close eating place?

I plan on arriving at the East Cobb Quilter's show on Sunday afternoon, earlyish...It closes at four pm. We can not pick up our displayed quilts until after 5 pm. Supper sounds good, but it would mean a good wait for those with quilts to retrieve. There's a Denny's a few exits down I-75 towards Atlanta (Delk Rd), but I'll think of other possibilities. We will welcome local quilters from that area who have suggestions.

DeneK 08-24-2011 03:49 PM

I am planning to go to the quilt show in East Cobb. Don't know which day yet... And would love to plan for the meet-up in Nov. I have been wanting to visit the Scarlet Thread every time I pass their sign on I-75.

Holice 08-24-2011 04:18 PM

I'll be teching at the october event. Have about 5 classes.

Yarn or Fabric 08-24-2011 04:25 PM

I might do the one in November... as long as I have time to go to Ikea. I do want to go to Ikea before I move in December so I am planning a lower Atlanta run... but I'm a slight maybe since it does take quite awhile to get there from Huntsville...

Beachbound 08-26-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Holice
I'll be teching at the october event. Have about 5 classes.

Very exciting! What will you be teaching? I hope to be there (as long as our house doesn't sell)