Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   pros of the new board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pros-new-board-t164915.html)

didi 11-02-2011 03:04 AM

I agee too, like the new look

Gigix12 11-02-2011 04:06 PM

It looks good, but I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I can't find anything now!!!!

loreen 11-02-2011 04:16 PM

You are soooo right. Love the look but not the site yet.

mim 11-02-2011 04:47 PM

the more I use the board and tweak the settings the way I want, the better I like it. I learned how to use the "first unread" line this afternoon and like it -- especially when looking at a pix and then wanting to read the new stuff.
Mim

Janice Thompson 11-02-2011 04:55 PM

Haven't figured out this new format. Don't spend as much time looking.

Mom2aej 11-02-2011 04:55 PM

I posted this in the positive comments thread but I'll add it here as well. I really like how you can organize your bookmarks:

I just found another cool feature. Under subscriptions (where the bookmarks are) you can create your own subscription folders. I was able to create new folders to organize my bookmarks, (patterns, techniques, reference, etc.. ) When you are in your bookmarks just check the box on the right and then at the bottom there is a button that says "selected threads". If you click on it gives you the option of deleting the book mark or moving it to another subscription. The only catch is you have to have the folder already set up that you want to move to. You cant create one "on the fly"

mim 11-02-2011 06:25 PM

thank you for the suggestion -- I keep finding new things to make it easier -- I didn't know a lot of the features on the old format. The new format really gets better every hour
Mim

Originally Posted by Mom2aej (Post 4620804)
I posted this in the positive comments thread but I'll add it here as well. I really like how you can organize your bookmarks:

I just found another cool feature. Under subscriptions (where the bookmarks are) you can create your own subscription folders. I was able to create new folders to organize my bookmarks, (patterns, techniques, reference, etc.. ) When you are in your bookmarks just check the box on the right and then at the bottom there is a button that says "selected threads". If you click on it gives you the option of deleting the book mark or moving it to another subscription. The only catch is you have to have the folder already set up that you want to move to. You cant create one "on the fly"

#1piecemaker 11-02-2011 06:30 PM

Change is a good thing. It keeps your mind active and alert. Now, if I can just figure things out, I'll be a happy camper. hehehe!

sylviak 11-02-2011 06:35 PM

I like the new look and I'm having fun learning to use it. I didn't use a lot of the stuff on the old forum, but I think this is arranged better. We need to just "go with the flow" and all learn together. To all those who worked so hard to put this together, THANKS!!

texpat45 11-02-2011 06:57 PM

Lots of neat things on the new board! I really like the Display feature for the threads. Using "hybrid" you can see and scroll thru a list of all the posts in a thread...makes it easy to go back and find a specific post if you need to. I've wanted that capability since I joined the board. I'm not getting much posting done for playing with the new toys I keep finding!!