Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   purple Labyrinth Walk continues... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/purple-labyrinth-walk-continues-t307409.html)

Dina 10-13-2019 05:41 AM

purple Labyrinth Walk continues...

1 Attachment(s)
I am continuing to make progress on my purple Labyrinth Walk. I really had trouble wrapping my brain around the section I just made, the top center one, but I believe it ended up working. When I look at the section, it doesn't look right on my design wall. But when I took a picture just now, I can see I am on the right track.

Just three more of those sections to make and I can attach them together and hope that I can see the 3D-ness of it easier when it is all together.

I am a bit concerned that I will not see the 3D effect ever....I have no center vision in my right eye. I don't see 3D stuff well. Makes me wonder why I fell for this quilt. But if I have sewn it right, it should work, right?? I see the 3D in the picture.

This isn't the first time I have lost confidence on this quilt. My favorite motto is "Stay calm and quilt on," so I guess I will do that. ...after I take a break. :)

I guess my question is "Does that center section look right?"

Thanks for any input.

Dina

Homespun 10-13-2019 05:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is exactly like mine. It looks good.

Dina 10-13-2019 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Homespun (Post 8312738)
It is exactly like mine. It looks good.

Oh, it is! Thank you so much. Maybe I can stop worrying now. Your quilt is beautiful!

Dina

AprilM 10-13-2019 06:02 AM

Its absolutely perfect and my favorite color too! I love seeing these and would love to have one, but i am certain that my brain lacks that one extra “cog” that would help the process make sense to me. Some of us have it - some dont - you definitely do! Please keep us posted because we are good cheerleaders!

Tish05 10-13-2019 06:02 AM

I can see it too! Excellent!

Tartan 10-13-2019 07:03 AM

​Looking good!

MicheleC 10-13-2019 07:27 AM

Your piecing looks beautiful.

Jordan 10-13-2019 08:07 AM

Love watching your progress of this quilt. It is so beautiful so far and I think the top center block is perfect. Love your motto and I think you have really stuck by that motto in making this quilt. I think this quilt takes a lot of concentration and patience. You go girl!!!! Thanks for the update and anxious to see your next block

juliasb 10-13-2019 09:45 AM

It is right on as it should be. You are doing a great job on this one. I am so glad you are keeping us posted. Love seeing it progress.

GingerK 10-13-2019 01:56 PM

Yes the 3D effect needs distance and good contrast in fabric. You have chosen great fabric for this pattern. One way to check if your block is correct, is to check for the 'shadows'. Are they all facing the same way? So far, all you 'shadows' are going the same way. Good job!