Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Purses, bags, and totes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/purses-bags-totes-t49391.html)

sew_lulu 06-12-2010 02:13 PM

I know many of us have been bitten by the bag bug. How many are now using them? I know I have. I'm currently using the Margo by Lazy girl designs.

I'd love to make the birdie sling bag by Amy Butler. I purchased the fabrics for it already. All I need is time.

Of course, I also have purchased most of the tote kits from
Connecting Threads, too.

I have a lot of totes to make.

This bag bug is sooooo dangerous!

CarolinePaj 06-12-2010 02:53 PM

I have a pattern for a tote kitted up and waiting for me to do after I have finished the top I am making. I am really looking forward to doing it and using it!

Hugs

Caroline

Luv Quilts and Cats 06-12-2010 02:55 PM

So far I have resisted buying purse, bag and tote patterns. I have plenty of quilts I want to do first. Howerver, with the variety of patterns out now, it's getting harder not to give in! LOL

dkabasketlady 06-12-2010 04:20 PM

I don't have any of the tote, bag or purse patterns, but did have a board member, klnsmith make me a Bow Tucks purse that I dearly love & USE everyday!!! She does excellent work and I highly recommend having her make you one if you don't want to attempt to do one yourself.

Terryl 06-12-2010 04:59 PM

I made the Rumbleford bag for Christmas gifts this past year I LOVE mine and use it all the time. I will probably make another one for myself it's great for taking to quilt classes or to go fabric shopping with not to mention for a weekend getaway

thequilterslink 06-12-2010 05:01 PM

i got the pattern for the charm tote and used smaller blocks,made a black and white purse, i use it a lot, get lots of compliments on it. Made a matching tote bag too.

pollyjvan9 06-13-2010 05:05 AM

I like the little shoulder bags that are just big enough for 2 or 3 cards, money, cell phone, keys. Nancy Zieman's show that is on here in Oklahoma last week was on serging some small shoulder bags. I have already may 5 of them for myself and my 2 daughters. Love them.

pam1966 06-13-2010 05:29 AM

I've made the Professional Tote by Creative Thimble, the "As You Like It" purse by the same, and the Quilter's wallet.

GrammaNancy 06-13-2010 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by sew_lulu
I know many of us have been bitten by the bag bug. How many are now using them? I know I have. I'm currently using the Margo by Lazy girl designs.

I'd love to make the birdie sling bag by Amy Butler. I purchased the fabrics for it already. All I need is time.

Of course, I also have purchased most of the tote kits from
Connecting Threads, too.

I have a lot of totes to make.

It sure is....I have several patterns, but have made only about 3 of them. The Bow Tuck being the favorite. I also have just been making some up as I go and that is fun too.

This bag bug is sooooo dangerous!

quiltinggrandmaca 06-13-2010 05:41 AM

I love making bags and totes. I plan on making a bag for each one of my 4 sisters, I know they will appreciate them.