Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Q- Snap frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/q-snap-frame-t204910.html)

mike'sgirl 11-02-2012 11:53 AM

Q- Snap frame

I posted a while ago about wanting to make my own Q-Snap floor frame. Well, we never did make one, but I found one on Ebay, that I bought for 12.50. It's on its way, so hopefully it's in as good a shape as the seller says it is. But I'm excited anyway. I want to use it for both hand quilting and basting. I really hate all the work it takes to get the backing, batting, and top all smooth and together. Hopefully, this frame will help me baste my quilts much easier. I have a back injury, so its extra hard on me as I know it is on many here.
I just wanted to share my good find with everyone. Happy quilting. Gina

EasyPeezy 11-02-2012 11:59 AM

Great find. Please let us know how it works out for you. I'm specially interested
in the basting aspect of the Q-Snap. I was thinking maybe I could baste my
smaller quilts upstairs in the winter when it's too cold to sew in the basement.

nativetexan 11-02-2012 12:15 PM

oh good luck. i have one and used it. so far i wont' part with it.

mawluv 11-02-2012 12:29 PM

Glad for your good luck, hope it works well for you. I wanted one for years,but got a John Flynn instead. I can no longer hand quilt because of arthritis in my hands. The Flynn system works great for me. I only discovered a few years ago that the Q-Snap company is located about 45 miles from where I live in Linden,Tennessee. Mawluv

gollytwo 11-02-2012 12:39 PM

I didn't like the floor model so gave it away. I found it very awkward to use.
I do use the Q-Snap hand-held frames and like them alot.

cowgirlquilter 11-02-2012 01:14 PM

Please post a picture when you have it set up....I would love to see how it actually works.

Prism99 11-02-2012 02:19 PM

I'm not sure how to use a Q-snap to baste. When I had a Q-snap floor frame, I thread-basted the quilt before putting it in the Q-snap. I ended up giving away my Q-snap floor frame, though, because it was hard on my back -- too much bending over the frame. For hand quilting, I now prefer a lap hoop. However, that too requires the quilt to be basted first!

nativetexan 11-02-2012 02:34 PM

I always sat in a chair when using the Q Snap frame.

mountain-moma 11-02-2012 08:33 PM

Great find,and for the price i gave 99 bucks plus tax a couple yrs.ago for mine and still use today i just love it

Geri B 11-03-2012 06:14 AM

have one and also have the extension to make it longer....and also there are risers to give it the same angle as the expensive wooden ones-easier on your back.........I have no problem using mine for basting and then handquilting.........usually only work on it for an hour or two each day.....as a mind relaxer........
BTW went to a Goodwill store recently and saw one in the box for 3.99...you bet I picked that one up too........like collecting sewing machines!!!!!!