Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   QNN TV (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/qnn-tv-t105112.html)

mymsmess 03-05-2011 04:16 AM

Does anyone her on the board belong to QNN TV? I am thinking about joining. I am the type of person who needs to see how to do something instead of reading it in a book. I'm not sure of joing this or investing in dvd's with books or what. There are no quilting classes near me. I thought about joining a guild, but all of them meet in the evenings and with my M.S., well that is when all energy is depleted. Please tell me what you all think.

thanks
Tammy

sandyquilts 03-05-2011 04:28 AM

I would check out all the free quilting videos on youtube.com first.

mymsmess 03-05-2011 04:30 AM

Thanks, I will give that a try!

0tis 03-05-2011 04:57 AM

I have a subscription to QNN tv - I love it - there are several different shows on there and several seasons - I like checking out different techniques and the talent.

Rainybug 03-05-2011 05:03 AM

U-tube has almost anything you might need

mymsmess 03-05-2011 05:06 AM

Can I ask your honest opinion? Do you feel you have learned a good bit from it? Do you think a newbie as myself would benifit from it?

Stitchnripper 03-05-2011 05:13 AM

I agree that You Tube has a gazillion videos on quilting. Some better than others. Also, Eleanor Burns has her shows on her website, free.

hobo2000 03-05-2011 06:07 AM

I joined "the quilt show" with Alex Anderson & Ricky Tims and I love it. I have been a Quilter for 20+ yrs. And I have learned so many short cuts from these super teachers. It is worth every penny for the enjoyment and knowledge of learning from the best.

Barnsey 03-05-2011 06:48 AM

I am a member of QNN TV. I like it. I also check out anything free that I can find.

MTS 03-05-2011 07:09 AM

I think The Quilt Show is a great value for the money, especially if you don't have the opportunity (distance, budget, time) to take classes or go to shows.

It's really too bad they took down a lot of the HGTV Simply QUilts videos. They contained an amazing amount of information - not just on techniques, but on the quilting world in general. And regardless of Alex's early helmet hairstyles, piecing a 9-patch was the same 10 years ago as it is today. I found them very helpful. And, at the time, I had a collection of them on tapes to rewatch. I've since tossed them but I know others have recorded all episodes.

I'm surprised that HGTV doesn't offer them in a DVD format - no extras, no frills, just transfer the shows. Group a bunch of seasons in each package. Even though I don't need it anymore, I'd probably buy it.

I've not viewed QNNTV yet, but it's also a great value. I'll probably check it out as well. Thanks.

But the best most recent information I have found is Sharon Schmaber's videos on her techniques on youtube. I know her online venue is kinda of pricey, but that information - and the level of detail she goes into - might justify the cost.