Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question about Craftsy Patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-craftsy-patterns-t219370.html)

Ranchwife 04-17-2013 10:58 AM

Question about Craftsy Patterns

I'm not even finished with the quilt I'm currently working on and I'm looking forward to my next project! I found this pattern (http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...6-sizes-/19957) on Craftsy that my daughter and I love. It will be for her but will be in different colors to match her bedroom. Does anyone know about the accuracy of Craftsy patterns that are purchased? Is there any where I can look at pattern reviews? I haven't dealt with Craftsy at all, so I'm unsure what quality is like. I bought a table runner book at my LQS and purchased the fabric, cut it according to instructions, only to learn the pattern was totally and completely wrong in cutting instructions (luckily the publisher refunded the amount of the book). Twice the amount of fabric later, I have learned not to buy a pattern unless it can be verified that it is an accurate pattern. So, what can I learn from all of you about Craftsy patterns?

I'm sure I could figure out the pattern without purchasing it, but I kind of want to be lazy.

quilter2090 04-17-2013 11:07 AM

go to the Craftsy site and see if other people have reviewed the pattern you are thinking of buying. That way you can get a idea of the accuracy of the pattern.

Monika 04-17-2013 11:16 AM

I love the Craftsy site in general, however, it is my understanding that these are not "Craftsy" patterns per se. They are patterns that a designer sells thru the Craftsy site. I would think that Craftsy vettes these designers in some way, but I don't know. Maybe you could email Craftsy and ask them. Their customer service is very prompt.
With all that said, I love that pattern, I am sure your quilt will look great!!!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-17-2013 11:50 AM

Cute pattern. It's just simple 6 inch squares made by sewing 3 jelly roll strips together and then cutting into blocks. The sashing could either be done with a solid jelly roll or cut from yardage. The cornerstones appear to by squares cut from the colored jelly roll strips. I don't see how it could be all that far off in instructions.

Scissor Queen 04-17-2013 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Monika (Post 6008246)
I love the Craftsy site in general, however, it is my understanding that these are not "Craftsy" patterns per se. They are patterns that a designer sells thru the Craftsy site. I would think that Craftsy vettes these designers in some way, but I don't know. Maybe you could email Craftsy and ask them. Their customer service is very prompt.
With all that said, I love that pattern, I am sure your quilt will look great!!!

I have both bought and sold patterns on Craftsy. The only thing you have to do to upload a pattern to Craftsy is set up an account and have the pattern in the right format.

Tashana 04-17-2013 02:21 PM

Nice quilt, but do you really need a pattern for it? It seems very easy and yet very effective use of jelly rolls to me. I have ordered a pattern fom Craftsy as well as number of classes and I have never been disappointed. Good luck!

mom-6 04-17-2013 02:35 PM

That is a cute rail fence with sashing and cornerstones. You could figure out your own measurements. . . 6" squares for the rail fence centers.

Make that 6-1/2" unfinished.

joyce888 04-17-2013 02:50 PM

Trust me you do not need a pattern for this. If you're using a jelly roll cut in 2 1/2" strips, then you would sub cut into 6 1/2" strips. Sewing three together gives you a 6 1/2" square. Your sashing would have four strips cut at 6 1/2" with four 2 1/2" squares for the cornerstones. If this is as clear as mud PM me and I'll try to explain better. This was the first quilt my GD made without a pattern.

Nammie to 7 04-17-2013 05:36 PM

There can be errors in any printed pattern - I learned the hard way to check the website of the magazines to find if there were any corrections.

cizzors 04-17-2013 06:31 PM

I wouldn't purchase it~to easy to figure out on my own which means I can apply saved money to more fabric!