Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A question about irons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-irons-t158522.html)

scowlkat 10-06-2011 06:01 PM

I have had two Panasonic irons for about seven years, one is cordless. Don't even know if they are still made but wouldn't trade either for ten Rowentas! or any other brand. Have read lots of problems with Rowentas "spitting".

MsEithne 10-06-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by pscott392

Originally Posted by MsEithne

Originally Posted by Cattyqwltr
My poor iron has been dropped so many times, the steam button broke off plus it's not a super hot one. I'm looking for recommendations on what type of iron to look for, but don't really want to spend an arm and a leg. My sister uses a Rowenta in her shop which is really nice. Thanks for your input.

I'd get a used Sunbeam flat iron (no steam); they're available for as little as $5.

I'd also suggest getting a Miracle Ironing Board Cover with the money you save on a fancy iron, so that you never have need of a super hot iron. Your iron will last longer, you will use less electricity and your fabric will last longer.

Could you tell me where you purchased your Miracle Ironing Board Cover?

I wish I could remember but I got mine in the late 1980s and I honestly can't remember. It was from an ad in _Threads_ magazine, I do remember that.

It seemed expensive at the time (can't remember exactly how much, though) but it has worked like a charm for over 20 years. I've actually worn out three ironing boards and that cover is still going strong!

I never have to set my iron any hotter than medium in order to get perfect results. I can even iron velvet on it, face down (ironing on the back) without flattening the nap. No needleboard needed.

It's like my Ottlite, it's something I use frequently that I hope I never have to do without.

Okay, I found a bunch of results by googling on "miracle ironing board cover".

yayaquilts 10-06-2011 10:17 PM

I have a Sunbeam I bought at Costco and it works really well.

pscott392 10-07-2011 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by MsEithne

Originally Posted by pscott392
Could you tell me where you purchased your Miracle Ironing Board Cover?

I wish I could remember but I got mine in the late 1980s and I honestly can't remember. It was from an ad in _Threads_ magazine, I do remember that.

It seemed expensive at the time (can't remember exactly how much, though) but it has worked like a charm for over 20 years. I've actually worn out three ironing boards and that cover is still going strong!

I never have to set my iron any hotter than medium in order to get perfect results. I can even iron velvet on it, face down (ironing on the back) without flattening the nap. No needleboard needed.

It's like my Ottlite, it's something I use frequently that I hope I never have to do without.

Okay, I found a bunch of results by googling on "miracle ironing board cover".

Thanks, I'll check it out.