Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question about pictures... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-pictures-t66180.html)

QuiltedComforts 09-22-2010 07:48 AM

I just received my first custom order! I am so excited!!! My question though, does anyone know if I am allowed to take pictures of material in JoAnns? She likes the one I have listed on Ebay right now, but if they don't have the same material, I want to be able to take pictures and get the okay from her before I buy it... I want to make sure that she gets exactly what she wants! Thanks in advance for any input! I love this board so much, you guys and gals are all amazing!

kathy 09-22-2010 07:51 AM

I THINK YOU SHOULD SPEAK TO THE MANAGER OF THE STORE YOU PLAN TO VISIT AND EXPLAIN THE SITUATION and ask permission
sorry for the screwy typing
and good luck in your endeavor

Candace 09-22-2010 07:53 AM

Ask permission, and I'm sure they'd let you. They would probably question your motives otherwise. Lots of weirdos in the world!

Scissor Queen 09-22-2010 08:23 AM

Actually you'd be better off buying a small amount and actually sending it to her for approval. Cameras and computer monitors can change the colors so they don't display true.

sewmuchmore 09-22-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Actually you'd be better off buying a small amount and actually sending it to her for approval. Cameras and computer monitors can change the colors so they don't display true.

I agree :!: I have taken pictures of orange and it came out red. Buy a 1/4 yd and let her see it.

Dingle 09-22-2010 08:35 AM

Ask if you can get a swatch. Even our Wal-Mart will give you a 2"x wof swatch.

Scissor Queen 09-22-2010 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

I agree :!: I have taken pictures of orange and it came out red. Buy a 1/4 yd and let her see it.

And purple is notorious for looking blue on camera. I guarantee all those people at K-State football games are not wearing blue!

Magdalena 09-22-2010 09:40 AM

You can go to Joann's website. They have pictures of the fabric they carry. I did this a couple of months ago. I gave the picture to my DH and he went to Joann's for me with the picture, found it and purchased it. I hope this helps.

QuiltedComforts 09-22-2010 09:41 AM

Thank you everyone! I just spoke to her again and she said to keep it as close to the one I have as possible, but leaving it up to my discretion, so no pictures are necessary!

Annya 09-23-2010 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
I THINK YOU SHOULD SPEAK TO THE MANAGER OF THE STORE YOU PLAN TO VISIT AND EXPLAIN THE SITUATION and ask permission
sorry for the screwy typing
and good luck in your endeavor

I also agree, ask the Manager I am sure it will be alright if you explain why you want it.