Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question for anyone getting Fons and Porter digital magazine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-anyone-getting-fons-porter-digital-magazine-t224768.html)

AlienQuilter 06-29-2013 06:38 AM

Question for anyone getting Fons and Porter digital magazine

I just watched the episode on Fons and Porter where Maryanne and Mary make the Chasing Chevron quilt. I looked at their website and the pattern is $6.99. The Jan/Feb issue where it's listed as a project is also $6.99.

So my question is: Does the magazine have the whole pattern or do they just discuss how to make it? If they have the pattern it will be a better deal than just buying the pattern separately since the magazine will also have other patterns.

Also, has anyone made this quilt? Any advice? Looks like it would be a good project to practice paperpiecing.

Chasing Hawk 06-29-2013 06:41 AM

I get the digital version, but I can't access it. I have tried to contact them about this but they have yet to get back to me.

AlienQuilter 06-29-2013 07:26 AM

That's not good PR to not get back to you.

My DH was wondering which browsers you tried viewing it through. Sometimes I have trouble viewing something I will try Chrome and it will work.

They are not suppose to but DH said some people program toward a certain browser, like IE, and not make it compatible to other browsers.

Hulalulu 06-29-2013 08:24 AM

Know what you mean about using Chrome -- Craftsty classes won't come up on my IE, easy as pie on Chrome.

kathy 06-29-2013 08:39 AM

I have not made that quilt but do get the magazines. It would be better if you could find the magazine (maybe amazon) because like you said you'd get more for your money, they give complete instructions and templates if necessary. good luck

nancysp 06-29-2013 09:25 AM

I have the magazine. It has the entire pattern, along with the foundation pieces. Everything you need to make the quilt. This includes a materials list and conversions for alternate size.

nancysp 06-29-2013 09:31 AM

Oops, I have the printed magazine, not the digital version.

Quilty-Louise 06-29-2013 10:08 AM

I have both print and digital subscriptions to F&P magazine.

The Pattern and templates are in the digital copy as well as the print.

AlienQuilter 06-29-2013 10:08 AM

Thanks for the info. The digital should have everything the printed magazine has. I will buy the digital magazine then instead of just the pattern.

Girlfriend 06-29-2013 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6150233)
I have both print and digital subscriptions to F&P magazine.

The Pattern and templates are in the digital copy as well as the print.

YES, I thought the digital version has printable versions of all the patterns. You might have to forward to print from your computer as iPads can't print unless you have a special iPad printer.